"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (11 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This part got me to wonder when we'll see ERA equipped Leo1s.

As it happens, Ukraine's large fleet of donated Leopard 1s are suited to this indirect-fire role, owing to their accurate and fast fire-controls and effective 105-millimeter main guns. More to the point, the Leopard 1s are thinly-protected, with barely half the armor that T-72s have.

Canada upgraded its Leopard 1s to C2 MEXAS spec, MEXAS - Wikipedia. See Canadian Leo1 below with upgrades to defend against IEDs, land mines and RPGs.

View attachment 750245
Its sexy:hearteyes:

We all know the regs. Let's keep them in mind. It's tough in this thread, to be sure, but thinking before pressing "post reply" is that much more necessary.
And it is entirely possible to discuss the politics involved in a historical context without being political about it.

It's the latter that stirs up shit...

That's an old one:

0x0.jpg

More reporting:

More reporting:

This part got me to wonder when we'll see ERA equipped Leo1s.

As it happens, Ukraine's large fleet of donated Leopard 1s are suited to this indirect-fire role, owing to their accurate and fast fire-controls and effective 105-millimeter main guns. More to the point, the Leopard 1s are thinly-protected, with barely half the armor that T-72s have.

Canada upgraded its Leopard 1s to C2 MEXAS spec, MEXAS - Wikipedia. See Canadian Leo1 below with upgrades to defend against IEDs, land mines and RPGs.

View attachment 750245
I thought I had seen a photo of a Leo 1 with ERA but it may have been speculative. It does seem odd that we haven't seen such especially since some (see below) Leo 2s appear to have been fitted with such.

Nd9GcS3udHsOPTF8SMvRrx9wo71kACWHlXpwtMKNw&usqp=CAU.jpg

Mot sure what ever happened to the Canadian MEXAS kits.

Mot sure what ever happened to the Canadian MEXAS kits.
It's a shame that we disposed of all our Leo1s as targets, scrap or a few gate guards. They would have made a great gift for Ukraine.

The MEXA kits look good below, but I'm sure it was all scrapped.

1109-cl-tank2.jpg

Here's the gate guard at CFB Petawawa. The appliqué armour panels remain on the side of the turret, but no MEXA.

2f4f8d5e_Leopard---CFB-Petawawa--Ontario-mod-1--2-.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back