"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How many of the Himars launchers have they claimed to be destroyed? Must be in the hundreds vs maybe 50 sent and none lost.

And yet, pennywise, pound-foolish thinking has guided US foreign policy for decades.

The article mentions that hit to kill missiles use more powerful chips than proximity fused missiles. Why not use these micro processors in proximity kill missiles? Wouldn't that add a layer of lethality?
Not very well explained by the article. Always take Eurasian Times with plenty of salt.

There are several version of the patriot missiles:
MIM-104A
MIM-104B (Pac-1)
MIM-104C/D/E (Pac-2)
MIM-104F (Pac-3) (there are actually several MIM-104F versions)

Up to Pac-2 where all proximity fussed with a significant warhead (close to 100Kg) and the missiles are quite big, each launcher can carry only 4 of them.
With Pac-3 the improvement in electronics allowed significantly improved precision, so they switched to Hit-to-Kill Technology. The warhead is less than 10 Kg, a kill can only be achieved by actually hit the target (actually I think the warhead is not explosive, the kill is achieved by kinetic energy). A smaller and lighter warhead allowed a smaller missile. Pac-3 launchers carry 16 or 12 missiles depending on version.

As far as I know Ukraine received both Pac-3 and Pack-2 systems, so it's actually unknown which one killed the planes.

Santa presents bad boys and girls with a bag of coal. The ship had been turned into many pieces of coal with the help of some missiles and the explosive cargo it carried.
It has been reported pieces of the ship were found hundreds of meters away from the port.

Last edited:
Not very well explained by the article. Always take Eurasian Times with plenty of salt.

There are several version of the patriot missiles:
MIM-104A
MIM-104B (Pac-1)
MIM-104C/D/E (Pac-2)
MIM-104F (Pac-3) (there are actually several MIM-104F versions)

Up to Pac-2 where all proximity fussed with a significant warhead (close to 100Kg) and the missiles are quite big, each launcher can carry only 4 of them.
With Pac-3 the improvement in electronics allowed significantly improved precision, so they switched to Hit-to-Kill Technology. The warhead is less than 10 Kg, a kill can only be achieved by actually hit the target (actually I think the warhead is not explosive, the kill is achieved by kinetic energy). A smaller and lighter warhead allowed a smaller missile. Pac-3 launchers carry 16 or 12 missiles depending on version.

As far as I know Ukraine received both Pac-3 and Pack-2 systems, so it's actually unknown which one killed the planes.

From my limited reading, Eurasian Times is merely a mouthpiece for anti-Western sentiment. Don't know if it's driven/aided by Moscow or Beijing but every article paints Western nations in a negative light.

Last edited:
More on that. The explosion was so big that pieces of the ship landed in the city:

There are reports claiming:
1- That the ship was loaded with Shahed Drones.
2- That there is an S-400 battery 2Km from Feodosia.
If true, wondering what the best A/D of the world is doing vs late 90s cruise missiles ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

• AL90
Back