"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

At this rate I think 2024 is going to be a regroup, reequip and hold the line year, with the big push for Crimea being in 2025.

This is interesting:

I suspect the article is correct - he's seen as a 'safe' alternative for the upcoming sham elections. Putin's cronies believe he can be a manageable face of the opposition to give a (thin) veneer of respectability. Otherwise, he'd be falling out of a window momentarily. Still, beware of unintended consequences......

At this rate I think 2024 is going to be a regroup, reequip and hold the line year, with the big push for Crimea being in 2025.
I doubt that Ukraine have any other option. They are clearly running low on Ammo, men and equipment. I see two key points

a) will Ukraines morale hold out
b) can they keep inflicting losses on Russia so Russia doesn't build up a strategic reserve

How long has Turkey delayed this Sweden approval now? I believe the F-16 sale approval should be payed back with an equal delay.
Send those Turkey Vipers to Ukraine.

I just don't get the Hungarians, Slovaks and Turks. Don't they understand that if Ukraine is defeated that they'll be next. I get it, these leaders like to act tough, want to play whatever leverage they perceive they have, but jeez.

This sounds dramatic, but they are not factoring in "lag time" between allotments.

Yes, the current bill hasn't passed, but the length of time between bill passage and the consignment to ship munitions to it's destination takes time.
In other words, the U.S. aid package passed in December has most likely not even been received in Ukraine yet.

Ordering artillery shells for Ukraine is not like ordering from Amazon Prime, with next day delivery.

Once the bill is passed, the GSA processes the cut order and it's passed to the assigned depot, who has to verify stock and pull the designated quantity. Then it has to be prepped for transfer and put into the logistics pipeline.

This takes months, not hours.

Sure but that with the production failures also could make a shell squeeze in Ukrainia in the coming months.

Users who are viewing this thread