"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agree. What critics miss sometimes, is that in this war, if anything is observed it can be killed within a few minutes. And the battlefield is so transparent as never before in history. And air defence systems of all ranges are in a deficit.
100% agree. It is a frightening environment which I think many don't truly grasp.

It's being reported that Ukrainian air-launched cruise missiles struck the Belbek military airfield in occupied Crimea, destroying two Su-27 and one Su-30 aircraft.
The attack has been confirmed, but not the destruction of the planes.

Yesterday a Su-34 was reportedly shot down.
True or not, it cheered me up a bit.

Its always interesting what happens in the background that doesn't get front page news

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia has reduced gasoline exports to non-CIS countries to compensate for unplanned repairs at refineries, the Ministry of Energy said on Wednesday, as the country grappled with the impact of fires and drone attacks on its energy infrastructure.

It said gasoline and diesel exports have been reduced in January by 37% and 23% respectively from the same month in 2023

I read that the Russians are trying to step up pressure in the Kharkiv region because it's "strategic".

No it's not - the Russians are trying to pull Ukraine resources away from Crimea so they can shore up defenses as Ukraine has approached.

Putin has made it clear that he will not let go of Crimea, no matter what.

During the Bakhmut siege, which had all eyes on it, Russians were furiously digging defensive trenches and emplacements along corridors leading to Crimea.

Russia is playing a shell game and Ukraine is not falling for it.

I expect US aid to Ukraine will continue to be politically restricted until the Nov 2024 election or even later, which means 2024 is a lost year for Ukraine, where even with improved aid from the non-US NATO partners, EU, Australia, etc. the UAF will at best spend this year holding its ground. So, we must wait to 2025 for the big push to Crimea.

Without delving into American politics too much, the anti-Ukrainian Congresscritters are, I think, on the back foot in terms of blocking aid. The mood is shifting against them, I think. Aid will be renewed soon, imo.

Sorry if this is too political, mods. Please delete this if that is so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back