"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There is EU data that show Ukraine had a large reduction in the birth rate after the collapse of the USSR, this is why there is a 20 year "gap" in the mobilisation potential of Ukraine.
Well, if Ukraine wants to rotate its 40+ year old troops to the rear for rest and training/support roles, it needs to mobilize and if necessary conscript the young men and dare I say it, women of Ukraine. A country cannot stand if its young adults won't defend it - that's why Israeli mandatory service starts at age 18, not 38.

I'd like to see Ukraine's women in flight schools on the Viper (and Lightning) track.

The above article reports that there are women enrolled in the national Air Force school, though I don't know if this school is still operating nor if it is a pipeline for flight crew.

Last edited:
I heard mentioned on one the more economics minded channels that Ukraine has similar demographic issues that Russia has. It seems that Ukraine is trying to build up its future population. Hence the reluctance for a wider mobilization.
Unless the ukr sees a war prolonging 18 years that is far fetched . Bordering funny.

I heard mentioned on one the more economics minded channels that Ukraine has similar demographic issues that Russia has. It seems that Ukraine is trying to build up its future population. Hence the reluctance for a wider mobilization.
I have heard similar re the mobilisation age. Basically give them a chance to have children in their early to mid 20s before going to fight. Also give them a chance to get a trade or education so that they also don't have a generation hindered on that front too.

Unless the ukr sees a war prolonging 18 years that is far fetched . Bordering funny.
Not really. The idea is that their most productive years for having children is their early-mid 20s so they get that done then go fight. The alternative is that they risk getting a large impact on their future generation if they loose a lot in their prime. I believe similar (the loss of a large part of a generation) happened in the World Wars for some countries

Well, the Afghan invasion and subsequent occupation lasted over 20 years before the Taliban expelled the West. How long will it take for Ukraine to expel the Russians from all of Crimea and Donetsk? It's been nine years so far.
Its not about expelling.

Here is my prediction.

As oilplants are very large and flammable and it is what the russian economy is floating on (food has to be imported like anything else because russian industry cant supply) , i bet we will see an increase in accidents in those vital plants. As russia is quite big, those plants are juicy targets. Hitting them will get the attention of the ring around Putin. That is where they get their money.
Best thing is one only need a pound of exposives placed at the right place. Any worker can do that. It shall not be such a big job to bribe a poorly paid worker just to..well smoke carelessly.
Bombing Kiev with a drone or 1 or 2 rockets with a building down or a few people dead is meaningless no stratigical target nor gain to be made. Rather silly. As War time London.

Blow up an oil plant... well.. now where in history did i see a campaign just doing that and strangle ... ??

Users who are viewing this thread