"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yet another stellar op-ed from the markedly "port" leaning rag.

Key laugh points:
"...but it won't be easy to use the "high maintenance" jets in wartime."
Surprisingly enough, they were designed for wartime.

"using unprepared runways could sabotage the delicate aircraft."
Except these "delicate" aircraft have successfully been deployed over the decades from various surfaces, including highways, especially in Taiwan.

F-16s survived the dust of the Middle East for how many years? Ukrainians don't know how to take care of stuff? They don't have concrete runways?

Of note, would this be the first ever Abrams destroyed by a FPV drone?
I'd be careful about using the word "destroyed".

The first media outlet that reported this, was RT (6 days ago) and soon, several other outlets were reporting it almost word for word (5 days ago).

The M1 was not killed. The video and grainy stills are showing the "blowout panels" activating, which is a design feature on the Abrams to mitigate catastrophic damage and protect the crew, who safely abandoned the tank.
If it's recoverable (in Ukrainian territory), then it can be repaired at the depot and put back in service.

The first media outlet that reported this, was RT (6 days ago) and soon, several other outlets were reporting it almost word for word (5 days ago).

The M1 was not killed. The video and grainy stills are showing the "blowout panels" activating, which is a design feature on the Abrams to mitigate catastrophic damage and protect the crew, who safely abandoned the tank.
If it's recoverable (in Ukrainian territory), then it can be repaired at the depot and put back in service.
I also suspect that if Russia had got there hands on it, you would have seen a lot more than one low quality video.

I also suspect that if Russia had got there hands on it, you would have seen a lot more than one low quality video.
Agreed.

They also claimed to have "destroyed" an M1 January of last year (long before any M1s even shipped to Ukraine) with an RPG - the photo showing "proof" was from Iraq, where one had been damaged by an IED. :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly

Not sure if one's reported earlier or a new pair?

EC720D5E-3D1C-4200-ABFD-EA22CEA5A5A5.jpeg
51A9D105-7AF6-48E9-BA68-BBEEA284354D.jpeg
FC054790-5093-43AD-A810-6B1333F3B700.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back