"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

View attachment 766372
and nobody but an amateur over countersinks the holes. Flush is aerodynamic, any under or over countersinking creates airflow disturbances and drag which degrades speed and range
Interesting shot. Probably one of the first flying prototypes, especially since it has a wing tip mounted camera. If it was truly a production/ non-prototype jet I would expect the skin to be in much smoother configuration.

However if this is representative of a production jet they suck, but this can be bondo'd over for a much smoother (non radar reflective) surface.

Interesting shot. Probably one of the first flying prototypes, especially since it has a wing tip mounted camera. If it was truly a production/ non-prototype jet I would expect the skin to be in much smoother configuration.

However if this is representative of a production jet they suck, but this can be bondo'd over for a much smoother (non radar reflective) surface.
However, countersinking beyond flush weakens the fastner's ability to hold the material down to spec.

Going by memory, metric flatheads have a 90° angle from head to thread. So if those P-heads were M6 theads, the hole (after countersinking too far) will be an 8mm hole or more, leaving less contact area for the head to secure.

A very interesting development, particularly if other countries follow Finland's lead.

Finland is diverging from the position of several NATO countries, including the United States, by allowing Ukraine to use Finnish weapons to strike against Russia on Russian territory. This remarkable development was confirmed by statements from Helsinki, signaling a significant shift in Finland's approach to the conflict between Ukraine and Russia.
Finland's Defense Minister, Antti Häkkänen, and Jukka Kopra, the chair of the Finnish Parliament's Defense Committee, have both clarified that there are no restrictions on how the Ukrainian military can utilize Finnish weapons. "If necessary, Ukraine should also strike military targets on the Russian side. It is a completely legitimate defense battle that Ukraine is fighting. The UN Charter allows for military targets to be attacked across national borders," Jukka Kopra told Yle.

A very interesting development, particularly if other countries follow Finland's lead.

Finland is diverging from the position of several NATO countries, including the United States, by allowing Ukraine to use Finnish weapons to strike against Russia on Russian territory. This remarkable development was confirmed by statements from Helsinki, signaling a significant shift in Finland's approach to the conflict between Ukraine and Russia.
Finland's Defense Minister, Antti Häkkänen, and Jukka Kopra, the chair of the Finnish Parliament's Defense Committee, have both clarified that there are no restrictions on how the Ukrainian military can utilize Finnish weapons. "If necessary, Ukraine should also strike military targets on the Russian side. It is a completely legitimate defense battle that Ukraine is fighting. The UN Charter allows for military targets to be attacked across national borders," Jukka Kopra told Yle.

Better than anyone, the Finns understand the danger of being a Russian/USSR neighbor. History speaks loud in this decision, I think.

I even know what Medvedev will say about this. Right tomorrow, or when he sobers up a little.
We tried to turn the Nuke threat into a drinking game, but we got hammered too quick and did Irish Yoga.

We changed over to "when a top Russian Officer gets killed by Ukrainian Forces".
This way we still got drunk, but at a reasonable pace.

Last edited:
Although from last year, it's worth a read.

China is not stupid and the signals from the Russo-Ukraine war is not lost on their war cabinet.

Yeah, that's the thing that is scary with China. You can wipe out roughly a billion people with nukes an theoretically they would still have hundreds of millions left to beat you with. I know it isn't that simple but the fact is still that quantity has a quality all of its own.
Just wait until 2100

Updated projections from a research team at Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences have China's population shrinking from its present 1.4 billion to just 525 million by 2100.

US and EU have its own demographic issues, but at least we can cover them with immigration (wall construction aside).

Just wait until 2100

Updated projections from a research team at Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences have China's population shrinking from its present 1.4 billion to just 525 million by 2100.

US and EU have its own demographic issues, but at least we can cover them with immigration (wall construction aside).
As Smith said, humans are like a virus, exhausting an area before moving on. So, I think the world would be better off if we can all cap the total population to about eight billion, while sorting out how to thrive whilst we ride a tsunami of aging (Japan is fine, China not so much). And immigration won't stop the trend in the West, as within one or two generations the descendants of immigrants assume the low birthrate of their new countrymen. Basically, once the women of any country are empowered with financial and physical autonomy through education, employment healthcare, and legal rights/freedoms, they don't want kids, or perhaps just one. Here in Canada we just reached forty million, which is big considering when I arrived here in the 1970s there were a little over twenty million of us. But I suspect we'll drop back to thirty million in my kid's or grandkid's lifetime, especially as we lose tens of thousands in out-migration every year . With its low birthrate, rebuilding Ukraine is going to be difficult unless most of the refugees return, which I doubt, as those I'm seeing here in Canada are thriving and enthusiastically welcomed by Canadians overall, and especially by the million-strong Ukrainian-Canadian population, like Mrs. Beez. Trump wanted Norwegians as his ideal immigrant, and Ukrainians are pretty close, so we're keeping them.

Interestingly, thousands of freedom-seeking Chinese are crossing into the US through Mexico - these will be future hard working Americans if you welcome them. Lastly, there's almost no legal way for most people to immigrate to the US outside of employer sponsorship, very limited family reunification, and finally green card lottery (which excludes most of Latam).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back