"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well the river runs thru the country and not its boarder. What rights do any country have to block the transport of weapons thru its territory that it does not want to let thru? I suspect that if Hungary does object to them passing thru all they would have to do is impound them in customs for the duration?

I hope it does not come to that and they are allowed to pass. But it would not surprise me if they were blocked or interned.

U.S.-Promised_M1117_Armored_Vehicles_Are_Now_in_Service_with_Ukrainian_Army_925_001.jpg

More including video:

Well the river runs thru the country and not its boarder. What rights do any country have to block the transport of weapons thru its territory that it does not want to let thru? I suspect that if Hungary does object to them passing thru all they would have to do is impound them in customs for the duration?

I hope it does not come to that and they are allowed to pass. But it would not surprise me if they were blocked or interned.
From the Danube Commission treaty:
When both banks of the Danube belong to the same State, the latter shall have the right to place goods in transit under seal or in charge of the customs officers. Such State shall also be entitled to require the master or owner of a vessel to make a written declaration stating only whether or not he is carrying goods the importation of which is prohibited by that State, but shall not be entitled to prohibit the transit of such goods.

My understanding of it is that they have to be informed, but cannot block the transit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back