"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

90 mm ammunition. Towed howitzers. It's like everyone is emptying their Cold War stocks. Does Ukraine have 90 mm artillery? I didn't notice any listed in the article.

IMG_2182.jpeg

Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky vowed his nation would serve Russia a "just response" in retaliation for the latest Russian missile strike on Odesa that left at least 20 dead Friday.

... but you know, those jerks in DC and Vatican City are right -- Ukraine should negotiate with terrorists.

Please do not insult jerks. These people are ankles, three feet lower than a ,,,,

too much draught (at least for upper Rhine/Danube) and possibly height (bridges). Have my doubts for overland transfer
The only real viable option is to send them as Nato support to Bulgaria. Bulgaria could then have Ukrainian crews man those.
A transfer to Ukraine may force Turkey to stop further deals as prohibited ship transfer of an active war party.

From your link:

When the 110th Brigade, increasingly starved of ammunition after Russia-friendly Republicans in the U.S. Congress cut off aid, finally retreated to the west under the cover of the elite 3rd Assault Brigade, a few of its troopers got overrun by the advancing Russians: some while trying to make their escape, others while wounded and immobilized.

The Russians summarily executed several of their new captives. Which might help to explain why the Ukrainians so steadfastly ignored the ZS-88's broadcast and other Russian psyops.

No news travels so fast in an army as how PoWs are treated. Shooting upon capture guarantees a fight to the death.

From your link:

When the 110th Brigade, increasingly starved of ammunition after Russia-friendly Republicans in the U.S. Congress cut off aid, finally retreated to the west under the cover of the elite 3rd Assault Brigade, a few of its troopers got overrun by the advancing Russians: some while trying to make their escape, others while wounded and immobilized.

The Russians summarily executed several of their new captives. Which might help to explain why the Ukrainians so steadfastly ignored the ZS-88's broadcast and other Russian psyops.

No news travels so fast in an army as how PoWs are treated. Shooting upon capture guarantees a fight to the death.
Not to speak of the reciprocating processing of ennemy PoW...

too much draught (at least for upper Rhine/Danube) and possibly height (bridges). Have my doubts for overland transfer
The only real viable option is to send them as Nato support to Bulgaria. Bulgaria could then have Ukrainian crews man those.
A transfer to Ukraine may force Turkey to stop further deals as prohibited ship transfer of an active war party.
Unless the ship/boat is home ported in the Black Sea, a transfer or even transit to the Black Sea, is not currently allowed.

The operational draught of a Triparte Class ship is 12 feet (3.8m), the beam is about 28 feet (8.9m) and it's length is 169 feet (51.6m) - the transit from Holland to Romania is limited by the locks, with a maximum allowable beam of 37 feet (11.2m), I don't recall the max. length, but these mine sweepers are not that large.

I think it would be doable.

Unless the ship/boat is home ported in the Black Sea, a transfer or even transit to the Black Sea, is not currently allowed.

The operational draught of a Triparte Class ship is 12 feet (3.8m), the beam is about 28 feet (8.9m) and it's length is 169 feet (51.6m) - the transit from Holland to Romania is limited by the locks, with a maximum allowable beam of 37 feet (11.2m), I don't recall the max. length, but these mine sweepers are not that large.

I think it would be doable.

Got any info on length/draft allowability? Sorry to ask, but I'm a little busy and can't look it up m'self right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back