"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I suspect the General in charge of the air defences for that area will commit suicide by falling out a basement window very shortly. Or by shooting himself multiple times in the head.
8sabkm.jpg

The trio of:
  • ASC 890 long-range radar detection aircraft
  • F-16s armed with AIM-120 AMRAAM and other long range weapons.
  • American okay on weapons free over Russia
… will see a lot of downed Russian aircraft over Russia, and few jumped Ukrainian Vipers.

I would not be surprised if the system operating crews are partially Swedish, at least during the first few months of UAF ops.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pCTjWkATL8o&t=174s&pp=ygUNQVNDIDg5MCBBV0FDUw%3D%3D

Last edited:
Some good news from the Australian government at last. Not enough but some is better than none.

Was wondering whether this would be a better way since Poland is next door and usually has several million tons as
a stockpile.

Was wondering whether this would be a better way since Poland is next door and usually has several million tons as
a stockpile.

Maybe quality? Poor coal clogs boilers. I don't know about Polish coal, but I know German and French coal is pretty low-grade lignite. Australia does export bituminous coal, which is easier on machinery and has higher energy-density. Not sure, just a thought.

If I was Russia I'd be planning to shoot down or otherwise destroy Ukraine's new AWACS assets.

Surely part of VVS strategy for WW3 was always to find and kill NATO's Boeing E-3 Sentrys, so they'll be dusting off those plans now. So, flying over Russia, a Beriev A-50 detects the signature of Ukraine's Saab 340B AEW&C aircraft flying over Ukraine. Can Ukraine defend its 340B against the incoming Sukhois?

Last edited:
I would imagine that F-16s could do the job.
I wonder if these older, surplus F-16s have been upgraded to receive a datalink from an AWACS in such a way that the F-16 pilot doesn't have to turn on his radar and advertise his position. From what I read here this capability has been around for almost twenty years, so I assume Ukraine is good to go. For any Ukrainian pilots raised on the older MiG-29s this must seem like Christmas morning.

And I can only assume that NATO-operated AWACS flying over NATO territory or international waters in the Black Sea will be sending data to Ukraine's AWACS. With only two AWACS aircraft, Ukraine will need all the help it can get in this regard.

Last edited:
If I was Russia I'd be planning to shoot down or otherwise destroy Ukraine's new AWACS assets.

Surely part of VVS strategy for WW3 was always to find and kill NATO's Boeing E-3 Sentrys, so they'll be dusting off those plans now. So, flying over Russia, a Beriev A-50 detects the signature of Ukraine's Saab 340B AEW&C aircraft flying over Ukraine. Can Ukraine defend its 340B against the incoming Sukhois?
I like to believe that the H.U.R, with a little from their friends, have a cunning plan. I may be being a little optimistic.

I like to believe that the H.U.R, with a little from their friends, have a cunning plan. I may be being a little optimistic.
Are you thinking of more Beriev A-50s getting shot down? There's that excellent depiction during "Operation Dreamland" in Clancy's Red Storm Rising, in that case F-117s did the deed. For Ukraine it would need to be UAF MiGs or Sukhois over Russia with massive ECM support or Vipers shooting into Russia from within Ukraine airspace, since the Vipers are restricted, IIRC.

What's the longest possible range AAM for Ukraine's F-16? Too bad the AIM-260 JATM isn't ready. This site below is good info on all things F-16.

Last edited:
More and more nations are lifting or reducing their ban on using its donated weapons vs russian soil. Now US/Germany permit their use on a ~40km distance from border inside russia to defend predominantly Kharkov from atacks, possible other regions in the same situation. Atacms are excepted but Himars are permitted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back