"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I only mention politics because it's horribly relevant to Ukraine's future. Dammit, Joe.

Joe Biden's horrific debate performance casts his entire candidacy into doubt

Zelenskyy had better start planning for his country's next move once President Trump cancels all US aid to Ukraine in Jan 2025. Zelenskyy's immediate move should be to try to grab as much ground, arms and non-US international assistance as he can. I would begin a widescale conscription of all men and women aged 18-50, not all for combat of course, but all for national service. You have six months before the taps potentially run dry to take a bridgehead on Crimea.

Last edited:
I only mention politics because it's horribly relevant to Ukraine's future. Dammit, Joe.

Zelenskyy had better start planning for his country's next move once President Trump cancels all US aid to Ukraine in Jan 2025. Zelenskyy's immediate move should be to try to grab as much ground, arms and non-US international assistance as he can. I would begin a widescale conscription of all men and women aged 18-50, not all for combat of course, but all for national service. You have six months before the taps potentially run dry to take a bridgehead on Crimea.
Elections have consequences.
But I won't play shoulda, woulda, coulda.
There is a very simple reason the world is on fire right now.

''...The upcoming shipment is expected to include munitions for the High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, or HIMARS...''

''...The package also includes antiarmor weapons, small arms and grenades and the highly sought after 155 mm and 105 mm artillery rounds, among other support.''

This was not an overnight phenomena - he was seriously and notably declining in 2018

While that Cessna looks like it might be a good idea, keep in mind that some of Russia's drone have a top speed close to the 172's top end.

This means that chasing the drones would be a protracted event, much like the RAF experienced early on while chasing V-1s.

The AT-802U (OA-1K) has a top speed well over 200mph and is fitted with 10 hardpoints, so it's armament potential is really versatile and it as good maneuverability as well.
As previously posted, it really depends upon which sort of drone you are looking at. Looking at the speeds of some of the common ones in use by the Russians:
  • HESA Shahed 136: Speed ~185km/h
  • ZALA Lancet: Speed 110km/h
  • Orlan-10: Speed 150km/h
  • Typical Quad rotor: 25 - 50km/
Comparing to two options mentioned here:
  • Cessna 172: Cruise speed: 226 km/h, Stall speed: 87 km/h, Never exceed speed: 302 km/h
  • AT-802U (OA-1K): Maximum speed (with no weapons): 394 km/h, Cruise speed: 330 km/h, Stall speed: 169 km/h
And the Yak-52 the Ukrainians have used:
  • Yak-52: Maximum speed: 285 km/h, Cruise speed: 190 km/h, Stall speed: 85–90 km/h
Therefore, again, I believe some of the options mentioned would struggle in this role. Remember that having a faster top speed doesn't always help especially if one is talking about a very small, hard to see and potentially agile target. The pilot would only have a fleeting chance to target. Again, this is why jet fighters are often a bad choice for countering such drones. The Yak-52 is probably a reasonable choice here especially given they are rugged. I do still think some helipcopters would be a good choice too, though again away from the battle front.

I wanted to Google how big a Russian brigade was but suddenly veered course

1719603678163.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back