"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (11 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Command and control seems to be a problem for Russia

In a significant blunder, a Russian Ka-52 helicopter has destroyed a convoy of its own military equipment in the Kursk Oblast, near the border with Ukraine.
The incident, which highlights the ongoing chaos and confusion within the Russian military, was reported by a Russian military blogger known as "Fighterbomber" on Telegram.

According to Tech the blogger initially claimed that the destroyed equipment belonged to Ukrainian forces. However, it was later confirmed that the tanks and other machinery were, in fact, Russian. Among the destroyed assets were T-62M tanks, a model that dates back to the 1980s and has been updated from its original 1960s design.

This incident comes amid increasing Ukrainian maneuvers in the Kursk region, a bold strategy that has seen up to 1,000 Ukrainian soldiers crossing into Russian territory.

This post might belong in the "What cheered me up" thread.

I have to say, that this incursion caught me off guard as well as ISW (and the Russians).
When I checked at ISW, events hadn't fully been examined, so it appeared to be something other than an official Ukrainian operation.

It'll be interesting to see how this event unfolds, along with the ripple effect across the front.

Something I also noted, is that Ukrainian pressure on Russian assets in Crimea has been particularly high - this makes me wonder if the Kursk Oblast incursion just might be a diversion?

I thought about that.
I put forward that it is a minor push to relief to pressure on other parts.
Like the Germans did a while back. The russians can not, not respond. But havent got the resources to fight a multiple front by far.
It would be interesting to see if soviet forces either more or less stop pushing relieving a weak spot in their line. Or go on and loose face and ground in their side. The motherland. What a loss of face that will be.
If they do plug, the are weaker then i thought because there is not much behind the front that can deal with a leak.
Weakness lies in not having assets to plug a hole.

Ukr did a cheeky thing. That what you get being trained by amies and brits and french. Yes also germans.

I think they are trying to manouver out of a difficult place.
Furthermore i do not think russian command is not very well trained in stuff not according to game plan. They should have since Snake island.
Its not 1944 steam rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread