"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (18 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, and Russia claims to have destroyed "two thirds" of all M1 tanks. Where they've been destroyed, Russians don't say exactly.

Meanwhile, the MBTs operating in the Kursk offensive have been Challengers.

As for the M1, the last I heard (through non-Russian channels) is that the M1 tanks were operating near Kharkiv?

So, let's say Belarus moves forces into Ukraine. Ukraine flattens Belorussian military "objects" on Uncle Luka's side of the border with ATACMs. Do you think the rep from the State Department might say; "well played."?

So, let's say Belarus moves forces into Ukraine. Ukraine flattens Belorussian military "objects" on Uncle Luka's side of the border with ATACMs. Do you think the rep from the State Department might say; "well played."?

I do. I think everyone in the State Dept understands that Putin's hands are so firmly up Luka's backside that Moscow is flossing his teeth from behind.

I laughed out loud at this piece. Drivers both civilian and military are going as fast as they can to reduce the risk of being hit by drones.

Then what happens
Despite the dangers, Russian drivers trying to avoid being attacked have received speeding tickets. That's because traffic cameras on the highway have recorded them exceeding the limit. Some motorists have tried covering their license plates to avoid the tickets, but traffic police are forcing them to remove them.

Unbelievable

Mixed news on the munitions war:

US 155mm artillery shell production has reached around 67,000 per month. That's up from 18,000 per month at the end of 2021. Production is due to go to 72,000 per month by the end of September and hit 80,000 before the end of the 2024. That puts them at least nine months ahead of initial plans. Being ahead of schedule is particularly impressive, because it looks like there were a bunch of quality control issue with shell bodies in mid to late 2023 which really hurt the rate of ramp-up.

EU artillery production is now supposedly above 85,000 per month/1.0 million shells per year, with targets to get output up to somewhere between 125,000 and 140,000 per month/1.5 to 1.7 million per year by the end of 2024 and 166,000 per month/2 million per year by the end of 2025.

But the ramp up is more than six months behind schedule and there are questions whether the present rate of output is sustainable. Some manufacturers seem to be engaged in 'sprint' efforts just to meet a few deadlines, with no follow up orders with suppliers in place.

There's been some reporting in the last few months that the EU is going to be somewhere around 200,000 to 300,000 shells short of its plan to deliver 1.15 million artillery shells to Ukraine by the end of 2024 (it delivered 524,000 shells between Mar-2023 and Mar-2024). The major sticking point seems to be explosive filler production - there are seven major high explosive facilities in Europe at the moment and they're pretty much working at capacity.

European shell prices have also gone through the roof. A 155mm shell has gone from the already very high price of about EUR3000-3300 to about EUR4500 per unitary dumb shell and some orders are coming in at EUR8500+ per shell. In comparison, I think the US is paying about $3000 per shell at the moment.

The speeding ticket was my favourite also.

The doubt is if they are ticketed by Rusia or Ukrainia.

The second one would be a nice bit of poetic Justice.

I hear Russia might be having cash flow issues. That's why. I believe they will also be adding toll booths to the Seym River bridges.

Users who are viewing this thread