"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's more reporting from Bucha....lotsa hardware that will never return to its garrison:

Love this part:
"Moscow says, without proof or any reliability, that its war aims in central Ukraine have been achieved, and they never included capturing Kyiv."

Ok then. So what exactly was the objective, to see how badly they could get their ass kicked?

Does anyone know if NATO countries are still being supplied with Russian gas and oil? - thanks

Regards
Jagdflieger

"Brave" Russian soldiers wantonly killed innocent civilians on their way out. Some even had their hands tied behind their backs and we are supposed to consider the Russian SOBs as Human? Putin should tried as a War Criminal and executed as slowly and painfully as possible. Him and all of his staff.

Does anyone know if NATO countries are still being supplied with Russian gas and oil? - thanks

Regards
Jagdflieger
I suppose you meant "Europe" and the answer is pretty much no.

Putin demanded payment in Rubles and the European nations that have a contract with Russian fuel suppliers said that is a breach of contract.

The US and Middle Eastern countries are going to step up and work to provide Europe with Natural Gas and Petrol.

......The US and Middle Eastern countries are going to step up and work to provide Europe with Natural Gas and Petrol.....

Thanks, so I assume that presently they are still drawing gas and oil from Russia?

Regards
Jagdfieger

......The US and Middle Eastern countries are going to step up and work to provide Europe with Natural Gas and Petrol.....

Thanks, so I assume that presently they are still drawing gas and oil from Russia?

Regards
Jagdfieger
They were, but as mentioned, Putin is now demanding payment in Rubles and contract nations are refusing to accept any fuel deliveries, as the change in payment currency is a breach of their terms.

They were, but as mentioned, Putin is now demanding payment in Rubles and contract nations are refusing to accept any fuel deliveries, as the change in payment currency is a breach of their terms.
Strategically this is a major loss for Russia as they will now have to go cap in hand to other countries to try to get their sales back up.

As long as Ukraine can keep it's own resources for themselves then they score a win as Europe will be happy to deal with them.

All the propaganda Putin can spout will not make up for economic incompetence.

1648963576438.png

I don't think that's the case exactly. Putin's demand was rejected for the second time, but I have not seen any news articles saying that governments were refusing deliveries. They were refusing to pay for gas in rubles because it is a breach of contract as you pointed out. As far as I could tell though, the pipelines have been flowing and are continuing to flow. That's why Germany and Austria are planning gas rationing programs in case Russia turns off the tap in response to their refusal to pay in rubles.

Germany: G7 rejects Russia's demand to pay for gas in rubles

Putin issued his edict about Europe paying for fuel using rubles on, I believe, 29 or 30 March with a deadline of 1 April to comply. Russia has backed off the deadline date and declared that they won't cut off fuel supplies yet.

Meanwhile, Lithuania has said it won't take any more fuel from Russia and is encouraging other European countries to follow suit. That's easier for some than for others. Notably, Germany falls squarely in the "that's bluddy difficult" category.

I do not know if this has been posted, but re the claims that the videos of RF helos being shot down are fake. The CheckYourFact.com site is owned by The Daily Caller which is(was?) owned by Tucker Carlson and another right wing nutcase Neil Patel. I am not saying their statements are untrue, but it is interesting. As Admiral Beez says - we need to check our sources.

"The Daily Caller"

Last edited:
I do not know if this has been posted, but re the claims that the videos of RF helos being shot down are fake. The CheckYourFact.com site is(was?) owned by The Daily Caller which is owned by Tucker Carlson and another right wing nutcase Neil Patel. I am not saying their statements are untrue, but it is interesting. As Admiral Beez says - we need to check our sources.

"The Daily Caller"
Good point. My suggestion is that we collectively assume that all vids are likely to be fake until we can find a third party that's made at least a cursory claim at verification, even if it's Fox or right wing nutbar affiliated.

No one shows us anything online without an agenda, sometimes it's produced just for FOMO and clickbait. Sometimes it's propaganda intended to provoke our outrage or to influence foreign government action. Question everything you see and you're told. Ask why has a video been produced and posted. The worst part is when these fakes are caught out it reduces the legitimacy of actual footage - think of the damage the guy who posted the flight sim "Ghost of Kiyv" or the body bags vid did to people's perception and trust.

Or, just do a sniff test. If four Kamov helicopters are flying at night under fire and not deploying flares or taking any evasive action…. Well, that might be a fake.

Last edited:
re the US supplying or helping others supply currently combat capable aircraft such as the Mig-29 etal.

The distance from Kyiv to Moscow is only ~540 miles (870 km). A Mig-29 loaded with DTs and a couple of bombs, flying from Antonov Airport, could easily reach Moscow. Whether they could return safely (fuel wise) I do not know.

There is no way (I think) that the US is going to give Ukraine weapons that can accomplish something like that - not unless the theater situation changes in a very significant way.

Even supplying weapons like the US M270 MLRS system, capable of operating at the grand tactical level, is unlikely (I think). Properly targeted, a single MLRS launch vehicle salvo (12 missiles x 644 HE/AT submunitions each = 7728 potential targets hit) is designed to effectively take out a tank battalion (30+ vehicles) and any support vehicles (AA, ICV, soft skins, etc), in tactical road column or off-road tactical formation capable of mutual-support. Because the M77 submunitions are dual purpose (ie HE and AT) any unprotected infantry would be decimated as well.

Maybe non-land attack capable anti-ship weapons like the RGM-84 Harpoon? "The U.S. Delays Delivery of Harpoon Coastal Defense System to Taiwan - Naval Post- Naval News and Information";)

Last edited:
re the US supplying or helping others supply currently combat capable aircraft such as the Mig-29 etal.

The distance from Kyiv to Moscow is only ~540 miles (870 km). A Mig-29 loaded with DTs and a couple of bombs, flying from Antonov Airport, could easily reach Moscow. Whether they could return safely (fuel wise) I do not know.

There is no way (I think) that the US is going to give Ukraine weapons that can accomplish something like that - not unless the theater situation changes in a very significant way.

Even supplying weapons like the US M270 MLRS system, capable of operating at the grand tactical level, is unlikely (I think). Properly targeted, a single MLRS launch vehicle salvo (12 missiles x 644 HE/AT submunitions each = 7728 potential targets hit) is designed to effectively take out a tank battalion (30+ vehicles) and any support vehicles (AA, ICV, soft skins, etc), in tactical road column or off-road tactical formation capable of mutual-support. Because the M77 submunitions are dual purpose (ie HE and AT) any unprotected infantry would be decimated as well.

Maybe non-land attack capable anti-ship weapons like the RGM-84 Harpoon? "The U.S. Delays Delivery of Harpoon Coastal Defense System to Taiwan - Naval Post- Naval News and Information";)
I don't think China is going to be making any moves on Taiwan until years after the dust has settled and things are analyzed in Ukraine.

According to our press the UK are trying to get surface to surface anti shipping missiles to Ukraine

I don't know how many we have to start off with but might have some Exocets in store. I have no idea what condition they may be in. Curently we use Harpoon's but not I believe from shore mounts although something might be jury rigged

The Russians are getting agitated abut the shipment of new arms to the Ukraine, complaining that they are 'destabilising the situation'. I find the choice of words interesting, as I thought the whole idea was to destabilise the situation, in the Ukraine's favour

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back