"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In case you all hadn't picked up on this, apparently Russia attacked a railway station in Kramatorsk. Over 30 people were killed but the tally may get much higher.

Over 9,000 people were evacuated through that station yesterday and there were apparently thousands of people at the location when the attack happened. This was the scene at the station on Tuesday:

View attachment 664114

Here are a few pics of the aftermath of the attack:

View attachment 664112

View attachment 664113

The last series are potentially the worst of all. According to Ukrainian authorities, this is a section of one of the weapons that hit the railway station. The inscription on the rear reads "For the children":

View attachment 664116

View attachment 664117

View attachment 664115

Now, I have to admit to being somewhat skeptical that the only substantial piece of weapon wreckage includes such an inflammatory message. However, if it's true, then it clearly demonstrates that Russia are deliberately targeting civilians. If it's a piece of Ukrainian propaganda, then I fear Kyiv may be overplaying their hand as it will cause all Ukrainian claims to be questioned. The very best thing Ukraine can do now is accurately report and document atrocities. There should be no need for amplification.

Agreed, I hope for Ukraine this is true. I find it very hard to believe. Not that Russia would not target the station, but that the only surviving piece would just conveniently happen to be this.

I find it hard to believe, after the Russians lined up their artillery on Mariupol, or the bombing of the theater there that was marked "children", or the other crimes committed by Russian troops, that the Ukrainians would feel the need to fake something like that.

But I've been wrong before.

I also find it hard to believe the Russians would be so stupid as to decorate a weapon with such a message.

Pink Floyd has recorded its first music in more than 30 years. "Hey, Hey, Rise Up" features vocals by Andriy Khlyvnyuk of the Ukrainian band, Boombox, who recorded himself in full military gear singing the folk song, "The Red Viburnum in the Meadow,"to the empty streets in Kyiv's Sofiyskaya Square.

Gilmore has a Ukrainian Daughter in Law and Grandchildren.

You can buy it here: Amazon product ASIN B09XBVKG82
Proceeds go to Ukrainian charity.

That was supposed to be a link to the MP3 on Amazon... sigh.

I find it hard to believe, after the Russians lined up their artillery on Mariupol, or the bombing of the theater there that was marked "children", or the other crimes committed by Russian troops, that the Ukrainians would feel the need to fake something like that.

But I've been wrong before.

I also find it hard to believe the Russians would be so stupid as to decorate a weapon with such a message.

I don't find it hard to believe. They need to stir up the emotions of the west to cause them to action.

That single pic there did not make a single person in the west (accept a few crazy nuts here and there) to say "Fuck Russia! Let's go!"

Is it known what kind of rocket this was?
Somewhat strange to see a large part of a rocket survive intact. Maybe a dud or the warhead separated from the rest prior to impact?
My understanding is it was an SS-21 Scarab, a short-range ballistic missile in the same category as the old US Lance missile. That could well be the booster segment following along behind the warhead on the ballistic trajectory.

My understanding is it was an SS-21 Scarab, a short-range ballistic missile in the same category as the old US Lance missile. That could well be the booster segment following along behind the warhead on the ballistic trajectory.

Yep...definitely looks like an SS-21 missile. The lattice guidance vanes at the rear are rather distinctive:

1649426290829.png

Here's another view of the missile wreckage:

1649426569429.png

Note the lattice guidance vane in the foreground. The general appearance looks realistic....the missile body hit, parts broke off and the body flipped to its position of rest. I'm just not sure about the spray-painted message.

Last edited:
In case you all hadn't picked up on this, apparently Russia attacked a railway station in Kramatorsk. Over 30 people were killed but the tally may get much higher.

Over 9,000 people were evacuated through that station yesterday and there were apparently thousands of people at the location when the attack happened. This was the scene at the station on Tuesday:

View attachment 664114

Here are a few pics of the aftermath of the attack:

View attachment 664112

View attachment 664113

The last series are potentially the worst of all. According to Ukrainian authorities, this is a section of one of the weapons that hit the railway station. The inscription on the rear reads "For the children":

View attachment 664116

View attachment 664117

View attachment 664115

Now, I have to admit to being somewhat skeptical that the only substantial piece of weapon wreckage includes such an inflammatory message. However, if it's true, then it clearly demonstrates that Russia are deliberately targeting civilians. If it's a piece of Ukrainian propaganda, then I fear Kyiv may be overplaying their hand as it will cause all Ukrainian claims to be questioned. The very best thing Ukraine can do now is accurately report and document atrocities. There should be no need for amplification.
I looked at that wreckage as close as possible and the words doesn't appear to have been applied after it landed, the lettering is distorted in proportion to the buckling of the surface and too low to the ground to have been done afterwards.

In other words, it truly appears to have been applied before being launched :(

I looked at that wreckage as close as possible and the words doesn't appear to have been applied after it landed, the lettering is distorted in proportion to the buckling of the surface and too low to the ground to have been done afterwards.

In other words, it truly appears to have been applied before being launched :(

Agree...it's just "convenient" that the text is entirely visible and even the right way up to be read.

Unsurprisingly, Russia is denying the attack. They're claiming that they don't use SS-21 any more. However, there are obvious holes in that theory, as outlined by the BBC:

Russia has denied the attack on Kramatorsk railway station and claims missile fragments found nearby are from a Tochka-U tactical projectile "only used by the Ukrainian armed forces".
Its ministry of defence announced it had stopped deploying the weapons in 2019 in favour of the more modern Iskander-M missiles, according to Russian media.
Ukraine's Donetsk governor has, however, accused the Russian military of using the Tochka-U to detonate cluster munitions in the attack on Kramatorsk.
Manisha Ganguly, an investigative journalist for the BBC World Service, has been looking into Russia's claims and believes they don't add up.
She says there's evidence Russia used Tochka-U tactical missiles on 24 February during a strike on a hospital in Vuhledar, Donetsk Oblast, which killed four civilians and wounded 10.
An Amnesty International missile investigator analysing photos of the weapon scrap linked to the incident determined a "9M79 Tochka ballistic missile was used in the attack".
These weapons are extremely inaccurate, regularly missing their targets by half a kilometre or more, Amnesty International has said.
Tochka missiles were also used on 19 March in Luhansk, according to the Ukrainian MoD. The Ukrainian military say they shot down one of these missiles with their air defence system.

And smacks more of ordnancemen's spontaneous impulse than any kind of official messaging. But the official messaging has clearly sunk in.

I chalked a couple of bombs up in 1991 m'self: "Here's a big kiss from the G-man."

In the news:

Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin, acknowledged in an interview published on Thursday that Russia had sustained "significant losses of troops" and called it a "huge tragedy."

I won't repeat the lies he peddled throughout the interview, but I thought it important that Russia is perhaps admitting what we all already know. Maybe their come-to-Jesus moment is coming soon?

Last edited:
Agree...it's just "convenient" that the text is entirely visible and even the right way up to be read.

Unsurprisingly, Russia is denying the attack. They're claiming that they don't use SS-21 any more. However, there are obvious holes in that theory, as outlined by the BBC:

Russia has denied the attack on Kramatorsk railway station and claims missile fragments found nearby are from a Tochka-U tactical projectile "only used by the Ukrainian armed forces".
Its ministry of defence announced it had stopped deploying the weapons in 2019 in favour of the more modern Iskander-M missiles, according to Russian media.
Ukraine's Donetsk governor has, however, accused the Russian military of using the Tochka-U to detonate cluster munitions in the attack on Kramatorsk.
Manisha Ganguly, an investigative journalist for the BBC World Service, has been looking into Russia's claims and believes they don't add up.
She says there's evidence Russia used Tochka-U tactical missiles on 24 February during a strike on a hospital in Vuhledar, Donetsk Oblast, which killed four civilians and wounded 10.
An Amnesty International missile investigator analysing photos of the weapon scrap linked to the incident determined a "9M79 Tochka ballistic missile was used in the attack".
These weapons are extremely inaccurate, regularly missing their targets by half a kilometre or more, Amnesty International has said.
Tochka missiles were also used on 19 March in Luhansk, according to the Ukrainian MoD. The Ukrainian military say they shot down one of these missiles with their air defence system.
There was a photo about a month ago showing the wreckage of an SS-21 in a town square, plus Ukraine Drone footage shows a Bayraktar destroying a BAZ-5921 launcher over a month ago.

Actually I beleive the Ukrainian drones have destroyed several.

I chalked a couple of bombs up in 1991 m'self: "Here's a big kiss from the G-man."

In the news:

I won't repeat the lies he peddled in throughout the interview, but I thought it important that Russia is perhaps admitting what we all already know. Maybe their come-to-Jesus moment is coming soon?

How very Russian of him to call it a tragedy that his invading soldiers have sustained heavy losses yet they launch missiles at women and children.

Interesting, and rather chilling, article about Russian "filtration camps":

buffnut453 buffnut453 's post upthread about Ukrainian atrocities seems borne out, sadly:

April 7 (Reuters) - A social media video verified by Reuters and geolocated to an area west of Kyiv appears to show Ukrainian forces shooting and killing a captured and badly wounded Russian soldier.

Three rounds were fired by an off-camera individual into the soldier, who is wearing one of the white armbands used by Russian forces. He is bleeding heavily, lying in a road beside a dead soldier, and appears to be breathing with difficulty.

"Look he's still alive, he's wheezing already ... It's finished," says a voice before two rounds are fired. A third is fired after the soldier continues moving.

The video then pans to two other dead soldiers in the road who also have white armbands. One of them has his hands tied behind his back and has been shot in the head. A Russian armoured vehicle has been abandoned nearby.

Strange message on that rocket, if that's really true then Putlers propaganda has worked its way deep into his population (just as intended), it apparently made soldiers believe the Ukrainian "Nazis" are basically "eating children".
Let's face it, from the Russian perspective there are misplaced Russian sympathizers in Ukraine, worthy of being "saved" with a little re-education, and everyone else is a nazi, fit only for extermination or for slave labor. The nazis are showing their true colors by voting with their feet or by criminally assassinating Russian troops. Children? "Nits grow into lice!"
The more nazis who escape to the west, the more problems the future Ukrainian SSR will have with infiltrators and partisans.

Slovakia has sent an S-300 mobile anti-aircraft system to Ukraine, bolstering its defenses against Russian airstrikes.

Slovakian Prime Minister Eduard Heger confirmed the news Friday, as he visited Kyiv alongside EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen.

Ukraine is "bravely defending its sovereign country and us, too. It is our duty to help," Heger said via Twitter, decrying the loss of human life under Russia's invasion of its neighbor.

The Ukrainian military already has a supply of the S-300 systems, but it has lost a number of the weapons during the war with Russia. The system's original design was created in the Soviet Union, and it can target aircraft and cruise missiles more than 30,000 feet in the air.

Slovakia had previously said that it would ship S-300 systems to Ukraine, if Slovakia's NATO allies promise to backfill them with other weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back