"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Best?
Hell no - let the politicians fight for the people. These assholes start the wars and they were elected to represent the people, so let them do their job.

And I am not talking modern combat, eff no.
They will go into a large arena like the Roman Colliseum, armed only with edged weapons so they can look their adversary in the eye.

The rules are simple:
There is no quarter allowed - kill or be killed.
The last man/woman/whatever standing has won the war.
I can LIVE with that

And further to my above post about the S-300 being given to Ukraine:

President Biden confirmed Friday that Slovakia transferred a Soviet-era S-300 air defense system to Ukraine and said that the U.S. would reposition an American Patriot missile system to Slovakia in return.

"I want to thank the Slovakian government for providing an S-300 air defense system to Ukraine, something [Ukrainian] President Zelenskyy has personally raised with me in our conversations," Biden said in a statement on Friday. "To enable this transfer and ensure the continued security of Slovakia, the United States will reposition a U.S. Patriot missile system to Slovakia."

This is the right thing to do.

Russia's so-called special operation in Ukraine could end in the "foreseeable future," as its goals are being reached, a Kremlin spokesperson said Friday.

"The operation continues; the goals are being achieved. Substantive work is being carried out both through the military in terms of advancing the operation, and through the [peace] negotiators who are in the negotiation process with Ukrainian counterparts," Dmitry Peskov told reporters, according to multiple outlets.

Asked about the timeline for such a completion, Peskov said, "We are talking about the foreseeable future."

The comments are sure to be taken with a grain of salt by Western and Ukrainian leaders, who in the past week have frequently warned that Moscow is gearing up for an assault on the Donbas region in eastern Ukraine.

Hat-tip to good ole Rob.

Last edited:
First Australian Bushmasters on their way with new paint scheme. at this stage 20 are being gifted.

1649396059241.jpg

1649392058002.jpg

Remains of an SS-21 missile that hit the train station, short range solid fueled ballistic that also has cruise missile mode. But the UKR is equipped with those missiles, too.

Read today that Romania is still flying Mig-21's, which are being replaced with used F-16's from Norway. Had no idea anyone in Europe was till flying Fishbeds.

2522HE53Z5KJBKYRLVIX3FDDOA.jpg
i

Last edited:
Remains of an SS-21 missile that hit the train station, short range solid fueled ballistic that also has cruise missile mode. But the UKR is equipped with those missiles, too.

Read today that Romania is still flying Mig-21's, which are being replaced with used F-16's from Norway. Had no idea anyone in Europe was till flying Fishbeds.
I beleive Croatia is still operating MiG-21s.
Bulgaria has long since retired theirs and most are gone, except for a few that are on display in various locations, like the one at Burgas Airport.

I bet Ukraine could do well with some loaner armed trainers, especially those they're accustomed to, like the L-39 Albatros. There must be a lot of these about Aero L-39 Albatros - Wikipedia

View attachment 664156
This was mentioned earlier about 100 pages ago. The L39 would be perfect as more than likely many if not all the current UAF pilots have probably flown them. What's needed is the L39ZA which is the dedicated light attack version with extra pylons, strengthened landing gear and a centerline GSh-23L cannon. The dedicated trainer versions would have to be modified for any type of attack mission, and that could take time to complete.

The great thing about the L39 is the engine is made in the Ukraine.

Hell, why not A37 Dragonflies? There must be a bunch of those kicking around.😀
There's some in Central and South America, I doubt the countries still operating them would want to give them up. I doubt there's any left in the US and I believe the last of the T-37s were being cut up.

I would hope that a fair bit of equipment is stored in various Nato countries that the Ukrainian Army would be more than grateful to have in their control.

From a UK position the following have either recently been replaced or the use has dropped considerably and are either low tech or widely used by other nations

L118 Sniper rifles
GPMG (Largely replaced in the infantry)
81mm Mortars
L118 105mm gun (Significantly reduced numbers)
M109 (replaced by the AS90 but was pretty Much standard across NATO)

I have stayed away from high tech kit such as Challenger tanks which would need a huge logistical tail

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back