"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hell, why not A37 Dragonflies? There must be a bunch of those kicking around.

But no-one in Ukraine would know how to operate them and what they are capable of so that means weeks of systems school and flight training before they go operational. The L-39 is a far better option as many of the Ukrainian pilots have experience on the type so just a quick refresher and differences course.

But no-one in Ukraine would know how to operate them and what they are capable of so that means weeks of systems school and flight training before they go operational.
Gotcha! You took me seriously. That was meant to be tongue in cheek. Maybe I should have mentioned something even more ridiculous. Bird Dog? Spad? Skylane?

I believe the FV433 Abbot SPG has recently left UK service. With its compact size and mobility it looks ideal for Ukrainian needs. Would they have been scrapped?

Last edited:
I believe the FV433 Abbot SPG has recently left UK service. With its compact size and mobility it looks ideal for Ukrainian needs. Would they have been scrapped?
Scrapped or sold. You often see them in private hands.

The M109 was widely used across NATO and there is a good chance that a decent number would be available for transfer. Also of course the 155mm M109 was a good deal more effective than the 105mm armed Abbot

IDK, they look more apt for riot police putting down civil disobedience than for transporting infantry into combat.
They have served very well in Afghanistan and Iraq for years both by Australia and others.

These were also what Ukrainian President Zelenskyy specifically asked for from Australia.

Russia has put general Aleksandr Dvornikov in charge of its invasion in Ukraine as Moscow's forces regroup after failing to capture the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv, according to the BBC and The New York Times.

The BBC was first to report Saturday that the general was appointed to head Russia's ongoing assault on Ukraine, citing Western officials.

The Times reported that Dvornikov, commander of Russia's southern military district, has significant combat experience in Syria, where he commanded Russian forces for a year beginning in 2015.

Prior to Dvornikov's appointment, no central commander was directing Russian forces on the ground in Ukraine, the Times reported, citing U.S. officials.

The appointment comes as Russian forces have completely withdrawn from positions in the north of Ukraine, around Kyiv and Chernihiv, after failing to take the Ukrainian capital and even being pushed back as they attempted to capture it.

Paraphrasing Admiral Halsey, this is quite the hot potato they've handed him.

It strikes me that the absence of an overall commander may have something to do with the disjointed lack of co-ordination between Russian forces. If that's correct, we might see more-efficient Russian ops in the next few weeks.

Russia has put general Aleksandr Dvornikov in charge of its invasion in Ukraine as Moscow's forces regroup after failing to capture the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv, according to the BBC and The New York Times.

One of the papers I read this morning said he has a history of targeting civilians. From what has been seen so far that seems to be the Russian preference. Maybe they are scared of people who can fight back

Another general KIA? How many so far? When was the last war so many generals get KIA, WW2?
This'll be the next one I reckon.

I expect US SIGINT will be letting Ukraine know exactly where and when to strike. My guess is Dvornikov is KIA before the end of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread