"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Holy St Javelin, Batman! The US Senate just voted to revive Lend Lease!

In the fight against Putin, Senate unanimously approves measure that once helped beat Hitler
Has anything changed? I was expecting to see C-5s and fast transport ships loading up with heavy weapons by now. Hopefully this is all happening beyond the public's eye.

Ohh yes things changed.

Ohh yes things changed.
I hope so. If they hope to first hold the line and then evict the Russians from all Ukraine territory (including the Donbas, but likely never Crimea), the Ukrainians need more than MANPATS, MANPADS, drones (and their guided missiles), small/medium arms and communications gear. They need counter battery systems and heavy artillery of their own, plus tanks, etc. You don't win wars playing defence.

No not optimistic. Real. It is the first step into weaponising legit. Funding is one, making it legal i think for the USA to supply arms is something else. Yes no advanced airplanes but pesky little anti tank, ship or what have you.

The funds from europe and others will be well spend. It is also a warning for other states. We can pull together and spend you to oblivion. Hate to say it but Reagan was right. Now ... having said that i am going to eat some humble pie because i did not see his side clearly back then.

It is also a warning for other states. We can pull together and spend you to oblivion.
I imagine China's thinking as they look wistfully at Taiwan, well f#ck Russia, did you have to kick the global beehive and bring the West out of its military and activist complacency?
Let's send some stuff to Georgia.
I too have Georgia on my mind.

God bless Canada! that was awesome!
We've got a long way to go.

Germany: €100B over 4 years for defence in response to the Ukraine crisis with another €100B for climate measures to cut Russian O&G dependence.

Canada: "It's a huge crisis. Worst since WWII. Here's $8B over 5 years."

US House of Representatives went on Easter recess without voting on it. Too many Putinistas in the house to get the vote done then, not enough to prevent it but enough to delay it.

Users who are viewing this thread