"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Russia is currently making noises about giving nuclear weapons to Belarus. This is probably an attempt to prevent Ukraine (or NATO) from attacking targets in Belarus, along with currying favor and reassuring fearless leader Lukashenko. If targets in Belarus began to explode it might cause unhappiness with Belarus fearless leader, and increase the problems they are having with partizans and the opposition movements.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the world has grown tired of Russia's threats.

Didn't they promise dire consequences if Finland and Sweden attempted to join NATO?

And they've threatened Poland, Lithuania, Britain, Bulgaria - hell, let's make a list of who Russia has not threatened, it would be shorter.

What it boils down to, is the schoolyard bully finally roughed up a kid who didn't fall for his sh!t and kicked his ass in front of the whole schoolyard.

I don't remember Biden saying anything about not shooting HIMARS into Belarus.

That retired Russian colonel said as much on the State TV talk show, saying that Russia looks ridiculous making empty threats of missiles against Finland and Sweden.

Kyiv does have the capacity but it is not sufficient to counter massive attacks, especially, when some missiles are launched from just 150 km away and when various missile types are used. Many systems were lost, while deliveries were meagre so far.

Russian aircraft strikes Kyiv with long-distance missiles, causing substantial damage

Some of the terminology and phrasing in this article made me chuckle. I dont really know if they still have dedicated bombardiers in the crews of Tu-95s and Tu-160s so I guess it could be technically correct.

"multiple X101 missiles (NATO: AS-23 Kodiak) were launched by Russian Tu-95 and Tu-160 bombardiers."

"Tu-95 and Tu-160 are both Soviet-era bombardiers, created during the Cold War to counter possible Western threats. Both are copies of bombardier models used by the U.S. Army post-World War II - the Boeing B-29 Superfortress and the Rockwell B-1 Lancer, respectively."

Ukraine is reporting that a Russian missile has struck a shopping centre with 1,000 civilians inside who were committing that heinous crime of....shopping:
I have the feeling that Russia isn't aiming missiles at civilian targets, but that instead that Russian missiles have the accuracy of a 1940's era V2. So the Russians are essentially chucking missiles in the general direction of Ukraine's cities and seeing what they hit. It's akin to the carpet bombing of WW2.

I think you're giving them too much benefit of the doubt. Their goal is to render Ukraine non viable as a nation state and depopulate it so they can rebuild it in their own image with their own emigrant population of compliant "Rodina-philes". For that goal, terror works. What percentage of Ukraine's pre-war population are now refugees burdening western economies and potentially creating grievances among the more zenophobic of their political groups? What percentage of the population have been killed or rendered unproductive by injury? It's working. The questions for Putin are: will the arsenal outlast the population, or vice versa? And does he have the means to overcome an Afghanistan-style perpetual insurgency? Ukraine is not in far-off Central Asia. An aggressive and resourceful insurgency won't respect international borders. Does he realize the dangers that entails, or does the Emperor in fact have no clothes? The world wonders.

Users who are viewing this thread