"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That cant be true, can it?

Sadly, it is. The US imports a large quantity of small arms ammo for use by the general public. The NRA was depicting US sanctions against Russia as an indirect means of imposing gun controls on the US population.

You really can't make up this stuff!

Last edited:
Much of the cheapest Russian ammo is steel cased. Probably extracts best only their rifles and hand guns. When ammo was cheaper and more available a few years ago, I found Austrian and Serbian both inexpensive and reliable.
I like the Bosnian stuff, myself. Good, clean shooting stuff, unlike the Russian ammo.

China has been banned from selling ammo in the US for a long time now, almost 30 years . Imports of Russian ammo was banned within the last year, though ammo already on order was allowed to be imported. I suspect an awful lot of ammo was "on order" when the ban was called. I've never shot the Russian ammo, but did shoot a fair amount of Chicom 7.62x39 when it was available. All of that ammo was pretty mediocre at best.

NRA Life member.

Sadly, it is. The US imports a large quantity of small arms ammo for use by the general public. The NRA was depicting US sanctions against Russia as an indirect means of imposing gun controls on the US population.

You really can't make up this stuff!

Ok, I was making a funny. I did not realize there was some truth to it.

Having said that, I'm not surprised.

Former NRA member. Glad I no longer am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back