"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aug 6 (Reuters) - Russia's war in Ukraine is about to enter a new phase, with most fighting shifting to a nearly 350 kilometre (217 mile) front stretching southwest from near Zaporizhzhia to Kherson, parallel to the Dnieper River, British military intelligence said on Saturday.

Russian forces are almost certainly amassing in the south of Ukraine, anticipating a counter-offensive or in preparation for a possible assault, the UK's Ministry of Defence said on Twitter.

Long convoys of Russian military trucks, tanks, towed artillery and other weapons continue to move away from Ukraine's Donbas region and are headed southwest.

And --

WASHINGTON, Aug 5 (Reuters) - The Biden administration's next security assistance package for Ukraine is expected to be $1 billion, one of the largest so far, and include munitions for long-range weapons and armored medical transport vehicles, three sources briefed on the matter told Reuters on Friday.

The package is expected to be announced as early as Monday and would add to about $8.8 billion in aid the United States has given Ukraine since Russia's invasion on Feb. 24.

[...]

However, if signed in its current form, it would be valued at $1 billion and include munitions for HIMARS, NASAMS surface-to-air missile system ammunition and as many as 50 M113 armored medical transports.

The new package follows a recent Pentagon decision to allow Ukrainians to receive medical treatment at a U.S. military hospital in Germany near Ramstein air base. read more

Last Monday, the Pentagon announced a separate security assistance package for Ukraine valued at up to $550 million, including additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS).

I'm a big fan of our troops, but really, what gaps in UAF abilities or knowledge is Canada able to fill?
I have the feeling that it's the UAF that will be training both American and Canadian forces. From the many posts and links I remember reading, one of them stated that although American personnel have been training Ukrainian troops, it's the Americans who are actually benefitting the most. I think it's from a post from GrauGeist. Ukraine will be joining NATO. Ukraine is the one European nation whose dealings with Soviet/Russian forces isn't theoretical. We need them!

Maybe 4 North Macedonian Su-25 are on the way to Ukrainia, wholes or in parts.

Due to the fact that they were grounded for some 18 years, probably (if true) for spare parts. So there must be some UAF Su-25 flying or in a flyable state that need spare parts.

Russian forces are almost certainly amassing in the south of Ukraine, anticipating a counter-offensive or in preparation for a possible assault, the UK's Ministry of Defence said on Twitter.
No powers of anticipation we're required. The Ukrainian government and the West's media have both been announcing for a month that Ukraine's next move is a large counter offensive to retake Kherson. The Russians would be daft not to take preparatory steps.

No powers of anticipation we're required. The Ukrainian government and the West's media have both been announcing for a month that Ukraine's next move is a large counter offensive to retake Kherson. The Russians would be daft not to take preparatory steps.

They've actually been attacking along that vector for a month or so now. It just took a while for the meat-grinder in the Donbas to cede headlines.

I have the feeling that it's the UAF that will be training both American and Canadian forces. From the many posts and links I remember reading, one of them stated that although American personnel have been training Ukrainian troops, it's the Americans who are actually benefitting the most. I think it's from a post from GrauGeist. Ukraine will be joining NATO. Ukraine is the one European nation whose dealings with Soviet/Russian forces isn't theoretical. We need them!
Apparently the Ukrainians now training in the UK with Canadian support are Ukrainian civilians being trained into NATO spec combat soldiers. If this is the case I could see Ukrainian-Canadians from the CAF being of use.

North Korea is going to send some 100.000 men to the war. Russian TV said for security and rebuilding in the Donbas.

Pyongyang acknowedge it will send the slaves workers.

A couple more things. More low level ukrainians helos and a russian soldier blowing itself driving over an antitank mine. This could be a suicide mission or simply a try running his luck? Maybe a tik tok viral challenge for russian soldiers?

Wild Weasel?

This picture appeared in Telegram channels:
1659894447127.png

The later AGM-88 series have the ability to use an "austere" method of integration with the launch aircraft. A black box with encrypted short range data link to/from the missile can be placed in any convenient position in the cockpit, with the missile either pre-programmed with map-coordinates and/or target frequency range/emission pattern. The missile seeker can then be used to recognize the programmed target profile and let the pilot know that it has found a/the target. The black box has a built-in GPS so the pilot can know if he is within the most basic launch parameters. The pilot then launches the missile in the appropriate direction. The missiles can be pre-programmed back at the base before the sortie, with data taken from reconnaissance units.

Although the system is quite sophisticated in some ways, it is also very simple in other ways. As an example, the target coordinates can (if required) be programmed into the missile guidance system by manually entering the information using a handheld data entry terminal. Or, in fully integrated and hard wired systems, the targeting data can be transferred from other platforms (drones for example) to the launch platform in real time via more sophisticated data links.

Also see "All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back