"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Reporting suggests that the attack was conducted by UKR SF and not by long-range missiles. If so, it's a fascinating commentary on Russia's inability to protect its forces even far in the rear.
I travelled through that area when I was younger. Flat terrain, very dry with little vegetation. Bushes and grass are literally burned out in the summer. A lot of people around during the tourist season. If special forces were involved, it was really the mission impossible.

I was surprised to find just how much areas in Bulgaria (particularly the area near Plovdiv) and Ukraine resemble Caliornia's central valley both in appearance and terrain.

Russian military bloggers and open source satellite wonks have been tallying the losses (destroyed or damaged beyond repair) at Saki Airbase, with the counts coming in around 20 to 25 aircraft permanently out of action.

Fixed wing:
Seven to nine Su-27s
Four to five Su-24s
Four Su-30s
One Il-20

Rotary wing:
Four or six Mi-8s

Four smaller ammunition dumps gone as well. Interestingly, the main ammunition storage area and the fuel farm appear to have survived intact. So those big booms captured on video were from the smaller storage areas.

Lots of aircraft in protected revetments were destroyed/damaged, adding credence to the special forces hypothesis. One of the more interesting theories is that several teams were inserted by sea, and then walked the rest of the way carrying drones capable of dropping multiple munitions. These flew over the perimeter, picked out an individual target, dropped a munition and then moved onto the next target. Anything too big was avoided, for fear of taking out the drone itself.

let's make such mental excercise - based on publicly known facts - during last 4 days serious part of ru air defence in the area has been eliminated, at least some of the using HARM missiles (not realy needed for SF operation with insertion from the sea), than we have surprise attack on Saki air base with demages suggesting heavy weapon usage, this one on distance ~ 300km from the front line - in the area extremly difficult for the SF. - some of wrecks are located in trenches which is suggesting direct hits rather than secondary casulties of single big explosion - UAF personnel has been seen in US during last couple months - they even made some public interviews. Question which crossed my mind is -how may looks like F-15E wearing trident sign on the vertical tail ....

Brilliant!

-------------------------------------

Sgt Smokey has been busy

Last edited:
Brilliant!
I hope that's not the UAF or Ukrainian irregulars/partisans hitting Belarus. The US and NATO have firm ROEs conditions for their support - stay within your borders.

So, ideally this is annoyed Belarussians hitting their Russian squatters.

Last edited:
re the Zyabrauka airbase in Belarus:

The Belarusian Defense Ministry said in a statement that on 10 August at 11 pm, the engine of a military vehicle caught fire and "measures to extinguish the fire were undertaken," adding there were no casualties.

NOTE that an aide to the Belarusian opposition leader Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, who lives in exile in Lithuania, said there had been at least eight explosions at the Zyabrovka military airfield, but other reports on social media put their number at four and said they had been accompanied by bright flashes around midnight Wednesday.

Also, an explosion was heard on 11 August at about 3 AM, coincidentally occurring at the same time as the destruction of a 92N6 'Grave Stone' fire control and engagement radar - a part of the S-400 SAM net.

With Putin's image as an iron man being ruined by his disaster in Ukraine, his puppets are in jeopardy of losing their hold on their countries.

I feel that it's just a matter of time before Lukashanko is sacked and if Belarus is becoming restless, than surely Georgia and Moldova are having thoughts about their occupied territories as well.

The UK announced early today that they are sending "additional" M270 MLRS platforms along with an unspecified number of M31A1 guided rockets.

The UK's military support to Kyiv now totals £2.3 billion ($2.8 billion), the second highest amount after the US.

Last edited:
One of the many pundits I've watched said this might be a Russian false flag operation. Something about the Ukrainians using HIMARS to attack Belorussia. Personally I hope it's Belorussians doing a bit of de-lousing.

Users who are viewing this thread