"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (8 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just breaking your words down
Russia can't widely use its airforce due to still strong Ukrainian airdefence
So why cannot Russia use its airforce. It is much bigger than the Ukraine airforce, it has more modern aircraft, its airbases shouldn't be under any threat, yet the Ukraine airforce is more active now than it has ever been.
You have missed my words about Ukrainian airdefence. As I know VKS weakness is an insufficient attention to SEAD tactic in previous years. The real treat is not fake "Ghost of Kyiv" from DCS game, but but the most saturated/deep air defense in Europe. You can launch dozens of Su-30 and Tu-22M3 with free fall bombs, and yet lost many.
independent sources have clearly shown that Ukrainian forces have put considerable pressure on Russian forces, pushing back several Russian offenses, putting Russia in the defensive.
Of course. Because of several mobilizations Ukrain has accumulated enough reserves. What is the price in manpower of these successes?Just look at the counteroffensive: so much talks about it, but yet only minor success near Kherson in 7 days.

Now Taiwan is ordering HIMARS.

The US plant that makes the rockets is ramping up production.

The drones will have to hold the line until the pilots are trained on the -16s.
...and the maintenence and supply trains, too.

Just look at the counteroffensive: so much talks about it, but yet only minor success near Kherson in 7 days.
NATO (No Action, Talk Only) for a reason, maybe? Like to sucker all those troops into a salient, ripe for cutoff? You betcha every potential retreat route across the Dneiper has its coordinates engraved in a HIMARS guidance system.

It took Russia around 4 months to take Sevierodonetsk from a separatist region starting point. How far is that? How much further did Russia get to Kyiv? Oh wait, they retreated back to Russia on that front. Russia fights stupidly. Ukraine fights intelligently. Ukrainian forces are probing a weakening enemy. Ukraine is gaining and holding ground. Ukraine values its people. They aren't going to throw them away.
Think about it. This is Ukraine's first EVER offensive as an independent nation.
Good job 👍🏻.

You have missed my words about Ukrainian airdefence. As I know VKS weakness is an insufficient attention to SEAD tactic in previous years. The real treat is not fake "Ghost of Kyiv" from DCS game, but but the most saturated/deep air defense in Europe. You can launch dozens of Su-30 and Tu-22M3 with free fall bombs, and yet lost many.
You are missing my point. Your whole posting was about the Ukraine not being in a good place. I am pointing out to you that by any measurable, the Ukraine are stronger now than they were at the start, be it on land, at sea or in the air.
The initiative in combat has switched and the Ukraine have the initiative, the average equipment that the Ukraine forces are actually improving and getting better, ironically except in the air where the Ukraine are doing exceptionally well and improving their situation, not be having better aircraft but by fighting smarter.

I hope its when the Ukraine start getting the F16 and other western aircraft, then Russia will be in very serious trouble. If they lose control of the air, then their artillery stand a good chance of suffering appalling losses. A lot of it is towed and they will be sitting ducks.

I had a reply ready, but I sense a pointless circular chat will ensue. You do you.
It has already been going on.

Most modern militaries realize and execute a multi-layer battlefield system that includes bombers, fighters and ground attack from their air-arm.

Below that, rocket propelled and conventional artillery, AFVs as well as well armed troops are key.

Drone technology (both recon and assault) and man-portable air defenses augment a military's combat effectiveness.

But it's all interconnected and the Ukraine is a shining example of how training, integration and sound command decisions can counter numerical superiority.

Claiming just drones can do the job or HIMARS or MANPADS or whatever is not realistic.

But hey, "you do you", right?

When Europe has this energy shortage sorted out, which they will do in a permanent long term fashion by, my guess 2025, Russia's energy industry will be toast. Pipelines to China, selling to one customer won't be nearly as lucrative. Meanwhile Europe will progressively need you less and less.

But hey, "you do you", right?
"East is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet,
'til earth and sky stand presently,
'fore God's great judgement seat.
But there is neither east nor west,
nor border nor breed nor birth,
when two strong men stand face to face,
though they come from the ends of the earth." - Rudyard Kipling

NATOthink vs Ruskiye Mirthink.
It looks like eastthink is kinda behind the 8-ball, which appears to be in westthink's posession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back