"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you get a chance, look up what the A-10 carries in the way of ordnance besides it's cannon.
It's literally a flying dump truck (which also includes self-defense hardware like the AIM-9).
Yes, but when a drone can spot and gps map a target for a HIMARs 100+ km away to strike with utmost precision, all whilst keeping the men and equipment safe… why do you need an A-10 in place of a F-16? The one role the A-10 can do best, CAS can be done well enough by modern tech, whereas the F-16 can do everything else.

Let's just keep scooping up and sending to Ukraine the world's MiG-29 stocks until the F-16 can enter UAF service. India has MiG-29s, including license-built versions. A middle man bearing cash would given India both incentive and plausible deniability.
Actually, it's a good point. RUMINT says that middlemen were very active since February and delivered, for example, a lot of 152 mm munition. Probably art pieces and light weapons as well. Now some Ukrainian foundations are allowed to import lethal weapons. Taras Chmut from Come Back Alive mentioned in one interview his meetings with people that were like from the Lord of War movie.

Yes, but when a drone can spot and gps map a target for a HIMARs 100+ km away to strike with utmost precision, all whilst keeping the men and equipment safe… why do you need an A-10 in place of a F-16? The one role the A-10 can do best, CAS can be done well enough by modern tech, whereas the F-16 can do everything else.
So why was the Su-25 (seen hammering Russian positions in the video) being used instead of a drone?

If I'm a Russian soldier sitting in Kherson who hasn't been properly paid, equipped, fed or led for months, and who has no idea why I'm here, or what the mission is…. when the UAF arrives I'm either surrendering or swimming the Dnieper.
However, I wouldn't be so sure about it. I'm not a supporter of Russian or Ukrainian propaganda either, but I clearly see that the situation at the front is far from favorable for Ukrainian army. Maybe only on Twitter or Telegram.
Russia can't widely use its airforce due to still strong Ukrainian airdefence and shortages of precise munitions. And in its turn the Russian airdefence is not weaker at least, so UAF have no chance to make an impact on the battlefield.

Russia can't widely use its airforce due to still strong Ukrainian airdefence and shortages of precise munitions. And in its turn the Russian airdefence is not weaker at least, so UAF have no chance to make an impact on the battlefield.
Just breaking your words down
Russia can't widely use its airforce due to still strong Ukrainian airdefence
So why cannot Russia use its airforce. It is much bigger than the Ukraine airforce, it has more modern aircraft, its airbases shouldn't be under any threat, yet the Ukraine airforce is more active now than it has ever been. Plus the Ukraine bases have hardly been scratched. Regarding the airforce, Ukraine seems to be in a better place than at the start, and Russia worse off.

and shortages of precise munitions
Russia started the war with an overwhelming advantage in long range precision weapons, They have a shortage because they wasted them on non military targets trying to terrorise the civilian population. Now Russia has a shortage and by definition are worse off than at the start.

UAF have no chance to make an impact on the battlefield.
But the UAF are now more active than they have ever been, and the Russian airforce quieter than it has ever been, largely because it has moved its airforce further away from the front line. Again by definition, Russia is much worse off than it was at the start and the Ukraine, much stronger.

and shortages of precise munitions
Russia started the war with an overwhelming advantage in long range precision weapons, They have a shortage because they wasted them on non military targets trying to terrorise the civilian population. Now Russia has a shortage and by definition are worse off than at the start.
And I wonder how much was also squandered away in Syria?

PRAGUE, Sept 3 (Reuters) - An estimated 70,000 people protested in Prague against the Czech government on Saturday, calling on the ruling coalition to do more to control soaring energy prices and voicing opposition to the European Union and NATO.

Organisers of the demonstration from a number of far-right and fringe political groups including the Communist party, said the central European nation should be neutral militarily and ensure direct contracts with gas suppliers, including Russia.

Putin's "Useful Idiots"

Drones can loiter. A-10s can loiter. But keeping HIMARS/MLRS in position waiting for an assignment from the drones seems unduly risky. The A-10 can, on the other hand, ferry its payload around the battlefield at 275 mph, and this at a low altitude, reducing radar tracking though not local IR.

And if you want to use that pilot's observations to spot for the rockets, it is equipped to do so already. The pilot can also spot and target emerging threats and take them out himself with one less step (comm) in the process.

In other words, I think it still has a role in the battle. If the Ukrainians are using Frogfoots (or is that Frogfeet? I don't know), I'm sure they could get better use out of some Warthogs -- better sensors, bigger loadout, and more survivability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back