"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And so it begins Putin, you dumb potato.

I've been wanting to troll some orcs with "Free Haishenwai NOW!" but I was afraid of Kharmic backlash. It would be worse for AUKUS if China got Port Arthur back. The PLA Navy ships seems to be able to make it out to sea and back under their own power.
Can we invite Japan in? It would've been nice to have them in NATO.

Can we invite Japan in? It would've been nice to have them in NATO.
If the British had recognized Manchukuo the Japanese, as Australia was pushing in 1935, Japan might have once again been on our side. Why we GAC about China to the point of risking world war, IDK. As Napoleon said, "China is a sleeping giant, let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world."

Last edited:
Japan is a member of the G7 nations and all those nations, save for Japan, are NATO members.

Japan's physical location excludes it from actually joining NATO, though.
Yup, I know enough geography for that. Hence my wistful tone. But how 'bout AUKUS? I must admit I'm feeling raucous for AUKUS.

Just a bit of info re the India-Russia and India-China relations.

I have several friends of Indian nationality who are here in the US, either going for citizenship or on work visas.

They have all expressed the opinion that Putin is "senile", "stupid", "crazy", for starting the war with Ukraine. Their main concern seems to be that the war could get out of hand (ie nukes get used) and ruin everything, and hence think that it would have been better if the US & NATO had not gotten involved other than politically.

They do not feel threatened by Russia, as they have no common border, no historical antagonism, and have a small but good trade relationship. Also, India has nukes and a population 9.5x the population of the RF.

On the other-other hand, they do feel somewhat threatened by China, as they have a common border, they have intermittent low level skirmishes between IAF and Chinese border forces, and China has a population about the same as India. Also, India does a large trade with China, and has a significant trade deficit of about 7:1.

I find that many younger people tend to lean toward "diplomacy instead of guns" with the current Ukraine situation.

They have lived in a time where war is a distant news headline and the quality of life is at an all time high.

Older folks (like myself) were the children and grandchildren of people who weathered the great depression only to get sucked into a very dangerous global war, where the stakes were high and losing against despots was not an option.
Growing up, Russia was a very real threat (I was born during the Missile Crisis) and I remember clearly, the nuclear attack drills in school and the wail of the air raid siren tests when I was a kid.

Putin's nibbling away at former Soviet sattelites and an open assault on another such former satellite comes right out of the pages of the middle 20th century - today's people do not understand that you cannot negotiate with such a person who'll smile, shake your hand, sign whatever treaty you put before them and then use that treaty as toilet paper as they proceed to carry out their conquest.

Putin's nibbling away at former Soviet sattelites amd an open assault on anotjer such former satellite comes rifht out of the pages of the middle 20th century - today's people do not understand that you cannot negotiate with such a person who'll smile, shake your hand, sign whatever treaty you put before them and then use that treaty as toilet paper as they proceed to carry out their conquest.
Starve aggressors, don't feed them! Stuff their mouths with a taste of their own "medicine". Let 'em reap what they sow.

Growing up, Russia was a very real threat (I was born during the Missile Crisis) and I remember clearly, the nuclear attack drills in school and the wall of the air raid siren tests when I was a kid.
Me too, but I date from the bomber crisis, and grew up to the strains of "duck and cover" and the two tone wail of the air raid siren. Fallout shelter in the school basement, complete with Civil Defense supplies (including WWII 10th Mountain Division skis). Tense times during the Cuban missile standoff. Local airport hosting B47s and KC97s. Air Guard F89s on 24 hr cockpit alert armed with Genie nuke AAMs. B52 base across the lake likely high on Kruschev's target list.

Last edited:
I remember the skies being full of Air Force planes flying really low and fast over the skies Sheepshead Bay during The Missile Crisis. They were probably Navy but I was seven. Air raid sirens and duck and cover drills were the best parts of school. Good times!

Starve aggressors, don't feed them! Stuff their mouths with a taste of their own "medicine". Let 'em reap what they sow.

I grew up attending eight schools in twelve years of basic education. As a result, always the new kid, I was often a target for bullies. My dad taught me early that when I'm confronted with a bully, the only real answer was fighting back. Not because fighting was good or anything, but rather because bullies don't really want a fight. They want a victory without a fight.

Refusing to be intimidated, and them catching a bloody nose or two in the process, may not cure them of bullying, but it'll goddamned well teach them to leave you alone.

He'd sometimes say "If you want a scrap, you'd better pack a lunch, 'cause we're gonna be here a while."

It worked for me, and I'm grateful he was there with this advice. "I walk in fear of no man." Slava Ukrainia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back