"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've seen word of Moldova making moves to re-take Transnistria. Will Georgia be next to move on Russian seized areas?

The rapid success of the Ukrainian offensive, the way their fronts are oriented complete with the bypassing and isolating pockets of Russians, looks to be something out of either Patton's or Rommel's book.

I think they're imposing a knight's-fork upon the Russians. If the Ukrainians have reserves, and they likely do for a large pair of offensives, given their interior lines they may be able to switch their smaller forces between fronts, a la General von François at Tannenberg -- albeit on a larger geographical scale.

I think the Ukrainians recapturing Kherson is critical. If that happens, the Russians will have to choose who is their favorite child, the Eastern or Southern front.

1662686417082.png

When I first saw this map, without reading, I thought it was a classic pincer operation

Last edited:
ISW is reporting Russian military bloggers are voicing concern that the two main supply lines going south to Izyum and Kupiyansk are being threatened by the Ukranian advance.

If these are cut, the whole of the Russian front line west and south of Kupiyansk becomes vulnerable. Ukraine could pivot southwards and roll up 50 or 60 km worth of territory in relatively short order. Basically retake everything to the west of the Oskil river.

That then gives them a solid natural obstacle on their flank, to allow for drives further east-southeast towards Rubizhen/Severodonetsk/Lysychansk.

Alternatively, there's speculation they could get REALLY ambitious and head further east into Luhask Oblast and attempt to cut some more supply lines heading south and west out of Russia. That's an advance of a further 80-100km though.

Interesting article "Breton Woods - new version", about Putin/China collaboration dethroning the Dollar. Also note global push to straighten out Bank Ballance sheets from paper gold. There are far more 'gold markers' than physical gold across the globe.

In Twitterworld are some claims that is not the same person due to the general been bald.

Others say that is the same person looking at the era form.
we will see soon - if it is Sychevoy Ukrainians have perfect person to trade him for soldiers from Mariupol

These BBC maps are inaccurately showing arrows indicating Russian advances. There have been no significant Russian advances in weeks. Meanwhile, except for two inaccurate/obsolete purple arrows BEHIND Kharkiv, the map doesn't have arrows indicating Ukrainian advances.

I know...I actually wrote to the BBC to complain about the maps. The definitions in the key are misleading and they're often out of date. For example, the article is about events in the past week and yet the map is dated 29 August. Pretty shoddy, frankly. I'm not expecting a reply from the Beeb...they're rather preoccupied by the Queen's passing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back