"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Poland is receiving 116 US M1A1 Abrams, with deliveries starting last July.

This is to replace the 200 or so T-72s they sent to Ukraine.
The M1A1s are also part of the training for the M1A2s that are coming

The link I posted above from Anne Applebaum makes the same points -- Putin's regime can't survive a defeat here, and may not be able to survive a victory, either, in my opinion. And with no clear succession process constitutionally, we may well see a power-struggle that goes for a few years before the dust settles and a new autocrat secures his hold on power in Russia.

Putin has staked his regime upon success in Ukraine, and now the enormity of that gamble may bite him in the ass.

It's a shame, what's happened to Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

For a time, with it's democratic reforms and capitalism-based economy, it was really doing well. Then Putin got in there and really effed things up.

The economic hardships between 1993 and 1999 made Putin's rise much more likely. Putin's domestic popularity at the beginning of his regime was based on the stability he established after those years of privation and uncertainty.

If I were India, with Russia demonstrably weakened and China aggressively expansionistic, I'd put my bets on Ukraine and the opportunity to make new friends, call up Washington for a commitment of support against China and announce that I was sending fifty Sukhoi Su-30MKI, all sixty-nine of my older MiG-29s (not the naval variant, MiG-29K), and three hundred T-72 Ajeya tanks to Ukraine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back