"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Further to my last, remember that something like a Gepard can be construed as being purely defensive whereas a tank can be deemed offensive thus furthering Russia's propaganda messages.

Further to my last, remember that something like a Gepard can be construed as being purely defensive whereas a tank can be deemed offensive thus furthering Russia's propaganda messages.
But why does Germany care what Russia thinks? Heck, even the neutral Swiss are making noise about Leopard tanks.

Any NATO tank sent to Ukraine requires a series of events, regardless of who's tank it is.
First of all, training. Western tanks have different crewing, optics and such that will require training to make the tank effective on the battlefield.
Second, ammunition. Western tanks will require their own ammunition supplies.
Third, logistics. The tanks will need mechanics, which will need to be trained on the type in order to keep it battle ready and let's not forget spare parts.

All of this cannot be done overnight and there is no magic wand to make it happen.

Providing Ukraine with Soviet/Russian armor allows a seamless transfer into action as well as an infinite supply of ammunition that the Russians keep providing.

Are there any more T-72, T-80 and T-90 tanks out there that can be sent to Ukraine? Iraq is a big operator of the type. Perhaps the US can broker a deal? It's too bad India is on the fence, as they have thousands of Russian designed, locally produced tanks.

You seem to complain about everyone not supplying one thing or another, but ignore the logistics and political aspects if it.

I suggest you write the Canadian government and tell them to do more. Send tanks, fighters, bombers, and artillery pieces. Hell, send the Canadian Mounties. :D

Last edited:
More protests against the draft, this time in Dagestan. Some of the comments from people involved in the protest make it abundantly clear that at least some Russians understand what's happening in Ukraine and that the invasion was nothing more than a ruse by Putin to justify his land grab.

Are there any more T-72, T-80 and T-90 tanks out there that can be sent to Ukraine? Iraq is a big operator of the type. Perhaps the US can broker a deal? It's too bad India is on the fence, as they have thousands of Russian designed, locally produced tanks.
around 400 more in Poland (half of them in PT91 standard), i believe will be send to Ukraine as soon as US will start M1 deliveries. Polish crews training is already in progress in Poznan with older version of M1s delivered from US stocks

Around Kherson, this next week's weather forecast is four days of rain. Around Kharkiv, five days. I doubt the Russians will be able to mount another offensive until the mud freezes, usually around January or so.

This will of course hamper Ukrainian offensive potential as well. It looks like the next two or three months will settle down into static warfare, until the ground freezes.

Around Kherson, this next week's weather forecast is four days of rain. Around Kharkiv, five days. I doubt the Russians will be able to mount another offensive until the mud freezes, usually around January or so.

This will of course hamper Ukrainian offensive potential as well. It looks like the next two or three months will settle down into static warfare, until the ground freezes.
I suppose the same applies to any Ukrainian offensive. Too bad, as they have the momentum.

Any NATO tank sent to Ukraine requires a series of events, regardless of who's tank it is.
First of all, training. Western tanks have different crewing, optics and such that will require training to make the tank effective on the battlefield.
Second, ammunition. Western tanks will require their own ammunition supplies.
Third, logistics. The tanks will need mechanics, which will need to be trained on the type in order to keep it battle ready and let's not forget spare parts.

All of this cannot be done overnight and there is no magic wand to make it happen.

Providing Ukraine with Soviet/Russian armor allows a seamless transfer into action as well as an infinite supply of ammunition that the Russians keep providing.
The one advantage of General Winter setting in is that the intensity of the fighting is likely to reduce a touch and that gives the Ukraine 6 months to get any training needed for Leopard 2, M1 or F16.

I honestly doubt that the onset of the wet months of Fall and then Winter setting in will curb the Ukrainian offensive.

It may slow their momentum, but Russia best not assume that bad weather is going to keep them safe.

Let's spin the way-back wheel to the Winter War and observe how the Soviets fared against Finland.
Ukraine (who is also now a member of the f**k around and find out club) has the home-field advantage, the same tenacity and the same goals as Finland did.

I honestly pity any Russians who are still in Ukraine when Winter sets in.

*almost forgot* I was also going to touch on a previously mentioned fact that it was the Ukrainian regiment in the Red Army during WWII that was ferocious and spearheaded most of their battles against German and Axis elements.

Which also seems to be a bit of history that Russia has forgotten.

Last edited:
I doubt Russian troops are any better equipped than they were in 1939.

One thing I read and saw on video today is that the new conscripts reporting with personal gear -- including guns -- see that personal property confiscated by the Russian army.

Another thing I saw was the video posted upthread (by GTX GTX iirc) showing the AKs currently being issued ... covered in rust from barrel to buttstock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back