"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If I could find some here I'd certainly give it a shot. I've had Polish beer before, long ago enough I cant remember the label, but it was a really good lager. I bet with all their grain-fields the Ukrainians have brewing down pat too.

And I'd rather talk beer thn politics any day of the week, and two cans on Sunday.
When I was in East Berlin in '62, I and 3 fellow GI friends dropped into a restaurant there, "the Bucharest" and ordered a Soviet beer that was listed on the menu. The waiter replied that it "was not available" so I asked what he recommended. We ordered the Romanian beer and found that the label listed it at 14% alcohol. Needless to say, being in the Soviet Zone of Berlin, we each only had one beer.

When I was in East Berlin in '62, I and 3 fellow GI friends dropped into a restaurant there, "the Bucharest" and ordered a Soviet beer that was listed on the menu. The waiter replied that it "was not available" so I asked what he recommended. We ordered the Romanian beer and found that the label listed it at 14% alcohol. Needless to say, being in the Soviet Zone of Berlin, we each only had one beer.

Completely jealous. In 1990 in Spain for Desert Storm we could get Bud or Miller at the E-club, or go out on the town and get either San Miguel or (hork!) Cruzcampo.

As of today today the number of vehicles and heavy equipment lost by Russians reached the 8000 mark
1500 (well almost ) of them tanks.
1668842409221.png

Quite a few loses for a 9 month "military operation"

I hope he's right.

Much of the NATO-provided self propelled artillery and rocket artillery is truck-based, rather than tracked. Will this hinder their winter use? I suppose once/if the ground freezes and hardens that wheeled SPG might be okay.

If the AFU can keep on the offensive through winter I think Russia, with its already demotivated army now ill-equipped for the cold, is in big trouble.

Last edited:
POL dump?
Seems it's a gas pipeline

Russians having a taste of what Putin is doing in Ukraine
The blast caused disruption to the Severnaya Thermal Power Plant, which heats hundreds of thousands of homes at a time when temperatures are around minus 5C.

The plant provides electrical and thermal energy to factories, residential areas and public buildings in the northern part of the Vyborgsky and Kalininsky districts of St. Petersburg, as well as the settlements of Novoe Devyatkino and Murino, and the Vsevolozhsky district of the Leningrad region.

In total more than 800,000 people receive heat from the Severnaya plant.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back