"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Have sanctions ever worked, maybe South Africa? While screwing up the availability of some arms, sanctions otherwise don't seem to have any impact on Russia's decisions. The best path with Iran is to seize upon the current uprising to pursue regime change. That might end up with someone worse, but the ensuing chaos would at least temporarily disrupt Iran's foreign endeavours.

Sanctions have no impact on regime, but on people!!! the only language they understand is "Violence". I personally support any form of of it, against terrorists, their assets and agents, and families. An explosion in one of their spy nests [embassies], would send them a way more clear message than useless shit talks.

The US, Britain and France seem to be lining up to levy more sanctions on Tehran due to the sale of drones to Russia. It remains to be seen how deeply/broadly any new sanctions impact the Iranian economy.

the impact was, is and will be nothing to regime! you just make sanction against 1 person or company, but 1000s other rise up! blowing their money laundry locations or assassination of known terrorists, is way more effective.

If the mighty Russian military has to resort to drones as a means to fight a war, I doubt it could even successfully beat Liechtenstein.

I don't think of drones as a "resort", but rather as a logical tool to minimize the life-hazard of fighting a war. In that, the Russians are smart to use drones -- and I think it's safe to say that their successful use of drones is the only bright spot in their otherwise dismal performance in invading Ukraine.

We Americans are moving big time into drone usage as well, including investigating using manned F-35s as AI control ships for a small fleet of UAVs.

Implying that drones are the desperate act of a weak nation is not, therefore, really accurate, in my opinion. Drones will have a secure place in war-fighting in the future.

Naval blockade would be impossible for many reasons! No idea about the meaning of "Aerial Blockade".

Naval blockade outside the Straits of Hormuz would be possible, but there's no way we can prevent trade between Russia and Iran over the Caspian or even through Azerbaijan and the corridor between the Caspian and Black seas, nor can we prevent trade over the land borders that Iran has.

But a distant blockade conducted in the Arabian Sea could be done, for whatever point that might -- or might not -- have.

Sanctions have no impact on regime, but on people!!! the only language they understand is "Violence". I personally support any form of of it, against terrorists, their assets and agents, and families. An explosion in one of their spy nests [embassies], would send them a way more clear message than useless shit talks.

the impact was, is and will be nothing to regime! you just make sanction against 1 person or company, but 1000s other rise up! blowing their money laundry locations or assassination of known terrorists, is way more effective.

The mullahs are much more concerned about their own power than they are concerned about the welfare of the people.

I hope that one day Iranians will get a government that actually gives a shit about them.

Naval blockade outside the Straits of Hormuz would be possible, but there's no way we can prevent trade between Russia and Iran over the Caspian or even through Azerbaijan and the corridor between the Caspian and Black seas, nor can we prevent trade over the land borders that Iran has.

But a distant blockade conducted in the Arabian Sea could be done, for whatever point that might -- or might not -- have.
Thats exactly what the regime wants!!! an excuse to start a war!!! targeting ships with missiles is possible and an optional approach by IRGC!!! and im pretty sure, no one would ever give them what they want. besides that, any ship can go to pakistan or indian ports and being sent towards iran, by roads.

Thats exactly what the regime wants!!! an excuse to start a war!!! targeting ships with missiles is possible and an optional approach by IRGC!!! and im pretty sure, no one would ever give them what they want. besides that, any ship can go to pakistan or indian ports and being sent towards iran, by roads.

Right. Understand that I'm not arguing for any naval blockade; as I've implied, I am sure it would be pointless by being easily avoided. I was just saying that a naval blockade could be done, useless as it would be given the landward borders and political geography involved.

Also --

A bipartisan group of senators is pressing the Biden administration to rethink its stance of not giving Ukraine advanced drones to aid in pushing Russian forces out of the country.

In a Nov. 22 letter to Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, 16 senators led by Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), ask the administration to give "careful reconsideration" to Ukraine's request for MQ-1C Gray Eagle unmanned aerial systems (UAS).

"The MQ-1C, along with already provided long-range fires capabilities, provides Ukraine additional lethality needed to eject Russian forces and regain occupied territory," the lawmakers write.

The signatories include Ernst, outgoing Senate Armed Services Committee ranking member James Inhofe (R-Okla.), and Sens. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), Joe Manchin (D-W.V.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), and Mark Kelly (D-Ariz.).

The Wall Street Journal first reported on the letter.

Ukraine has made significant battlefield advances in the last few months against Russia, pushing Kremlin forces from the strategic areas of Kharkiv and Kherson.

But Moscow has countered with an unrelenting barrage of missile and drone strikes across Ukraine since October, using Iranian-provided kamikaze drones to target major cities and infrastructure.

The lawmakers argue that Kyiv needs its own advanced drones to counter Russia's.

[...]

But the Pentagon so far has declined Ukraine's request for the drones over reported concerns that the drone's advanced and secretive technology might fall into enemy hands.

Asked on Tuesday if giving the drones to Ukraine was still under consideration, Pentagon spokeswoman Sabrina Singh told reporters that "nothing has been decided."

Right. Understand that I'm not arguing for any naval blockade; as I've implied, I am sure it would be pointless by being easily avoided. I was just saying that a naval blockade could be done, useless as it would be given the landward borders and political geography involved.
No arguements, at all! just trying to clarify the situation for better understanding what is going on!!!

Here is another example:

Kurdish Separatist Militia groups are at war with central regimes, for over 60 years! regime recently attacked multiple times to their headquarters, as well as cities and towns, in Iraqi Kurdish Region! to start a war and uses that, supress the people, and show it as a legal action! The Kurds said They wont reaction, was silence and let journalists do their work.

I don't think of drones as a "resort", but rather as a logical tool to minimize the life-hazard of fighting a war. In that, the Russians are smart to use drones -- and I think it's safe to say that their successful use of drones is the only bright spot in their otherwise dismal performance in invading Ukraine.

We Americans are moving big time into drone usage as well, including investigating using manned F-35s as AI control ships for a small fleet of UAVs.

Implying that drones are the desperate act of a weak nation is not, therefore, really accurate, in my opinion. Drones will have a secure place in war-fighting in the future.
Drones are an emerging weapon platform, there is no question.
However, no matter how many drones a military has, if they cannot take and hold ground with an army, then attacking with drones is like Hitler hurling V-1 and V-2 weapons at England while losing ground and enormous amounts of men and material in the process.

This exactly what Russia is doing - they are resorting to "V weapons" while their Army is getting it's ass kicked.

Only a political gesture, but anyway ....

Only a political gesture, but anyway ....

same thing is happenin, in my country, right now! it would be good for them to do an action! or they'll pay in blood!

With the right kit ex-FAA Sea Kings can pack a punch.

1485454-large.jpg

37581050510_d2550891b9_b.jpg

e7d8a006a6317dd1dfc9e41c8f452bbc--indian-navy-tv.jpg

I assume they'll be refitted to something closer to Westland Commando spec for army use, rather than ASW ops.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back