"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

even marketing bods to keep advertising and other revenue streams coming in.
I always wondered how Twitter made any money. I've been on Twitter for years and I didn't know it had ads. IDK if my iPad's Twitter app just blocks all ads, but I've never seen one. I used Adblock for Chrome/YouTube on my pc and again never see ads.

Even if Twitter goes to hell, it will still exist, but in a much reduced, Mastadon like form.

Is it just me or is this another example of Putin not recognizing the law of unintended consequences? Putting an extra 23,000 men--and, worse,conviced criminals--into Prigozhin's private army doesn't seem like a smart move to me.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is this another example of Putin not recognizing the law of unintended consequences? Putting an extra 23,000 men in Prigozhin's private army doesn't seem like a smart move to me.

If there's any personal threat to Putin's power there's a good chance it's Prigozhin. I'd be eliminating him asap.

I'm afraid no T-14 will be ever captured. They will break down before reaching the front.

When the Chieftain tank first entered service in the British Army. The standard joke was that with is reclined position for the driver, its unsurpassed armour and 120mm cannon it was the perfect tank to go to war in, as it would break down before you got there.

Now how long did it take for us to get it right?

Last edited:
Wondering what to buy for Christmas? How about contributing to any charity or not-for-profit organization that's trying to provide Ukrainians with heat, energy, clothing, food, medical supplies or any other critical need this winter.

Wondering what to buy for Christmas? How about contributing to any charity or not-for-profit organization that's trying to provide Ukrainians with heat, energy, clothing, food, medical supplies or any other critical need this winter.
It may not be very Christian, but I prefer to help kill Russians… all the Russians found within Ukraine, until they leave the entirety of Ukrainian territory.

No matter your holiday budget there's something for everyone.

$1.5 million will get you a tank.

Or $51 for a single hand grenade.

Last edited:
Wagner reminds me a bit of the SA and how it had to be "dissolved".
A brutal dictator does not want anyone with a private army get too much power so sooner or later this person is to get rid of.
The Schutzestaffel was Hitler's private army.
The Sturmabteilung, a paramilitary arm of the Nazi party, lost it's power and influence after the night of long knives in 1934 and this was because Hitler saw them becoming too powerful.

That's just silly talk. Nothing dies on the internet. Heck, Fidonet that we used to run BBS boards in the 1980s is still active FidoNet

Everyone said Facebook and Twitter and would kill the likes of Myspace, Flickr and Tumblr. But nope, they're all still in biz.

What will eventually happen to Twitter is the audience growth will begin to flatten and then decline. But I expect Twitter to exist into the 2030s and beyond.
Just look at Roadking's thread. It still keeps coming back and that's just on this forum.

I really don't understand that line of reasoning. Just who were those weapons intended to fight against? Would they have used those weapons as effectively as the AFU? Could those nations have fended off Russia by themselves, which seems to be what their argument is. Don't they realize that these very weapons are being used to stop and reduce the Russian threat? And the battle is not being fought on their own soil?

I really don't understand that line of reasoning. Just who were those weapons intended to fight against? Would they have used those weapons as effectively as the AFU? Could those nations have fended off Russia by themselves, which seems to be what their argument is. Don't they realize that these very weapons are being used to stop and reduce the Russian threat? And the battle is not being fought on their own soil?
Aside from poor proof-reading, the article is mostly expressing concerns by a few people.

If Russia were to attack a NATO country, that country has the benefit of other nations coming to it's aid, which in turn combines arms of that/those nations.

I'd also think that nations closer to Russia are more likely to be attacked than the Netherlands or Canada.
Matter of fact, the last war fought on Canadian soil, was against the Cree nation over 130 years ago.

Aside from poor proof-reading, the article is mostly expressing concerns by a few people.

If Russia were to attack a NATO country, that country has the benefit of other nations coming to it's aid, which in turn combines arms of that/those nations.

I'd also think that nations closer to Russia are more likely to be attacked than the Netherlands or Canada.
Matter of fact, the last war fought on Canadian soil, was against the Cree nation over 130 years ago.
Russia can't roll over Ukraine. How can anyone in NATO think Russia can take even Lithuania on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back