"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wonder what the ghosts of the Armenian SSR's Artem Mikoyan (born 1905, under Ottoman rule) and the Ukrainian SSR's Mikhail Gurevich would think of their namesake MiG-29 leading the charge against the invaders from Russia. I have to think they would be proud.

MIG-29-Warbird-Wednesday-Episode-103.png

Last edited:
President Vladimir Putin has ditched his annual marathon news conference following a series of battlefield setbacks in Ukraine — a tacit acknowledgment that the Russian leader's war has gone badly wrong.

Putin typically uses the year-end ritual to polish his image, answering a wide range of questions on domestic and foreign policy to demonstrate his grip on details and give the semblance of openness even though the event is tightly stage-managed.

But this year, with his troops on the back foot in Ukraine, it could be impossible to avoid uncomfortable questions about the Russian military's blunders even at a highly choreographed event. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov confirmed Monday that Putin wouldn't hold the news conference this month without explaining why.

[...]

Putin also has canceled another annual fixture this year, a televised call-in show in which he takes questions from the public to nurture his father-of-the-nation image.

And he has so far failed to deliver the annual televised state-of-the-nation address to parliament, a constitutional obligation. No date has been set for Putin's address.

... and from ISW ...

Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov stated that Ukraine intends to continue counteroffensives in winter 2022–2023 after the hard freeze enables maneuver warfare, supporting an ISW assessment.[24] Reznikov stated on December 11 that Ukraine will resume counteroffensives after the "ground is firmer" during the winter when responding to a question about US Director for National Intelligence (DNI) Avril Haines's forecast that Ukraine is likely to conduct counteroffensives in the spring rather than the winter.[25] Reznikov previously stated on December 6 that Ukraine needs artillery ammunition, armored vehicles, tanks, and combat aircraft to support Ukrainian counteroffensives.[26]

Senior US government officials may be correcting their assessments about Ukraine's ability and intent to conduct counteroffensive operations this winter. Voice of America National Security Correspondent Jeff Seldin reported that an unnamed senior US military official stated that, "We know the Ukrainians can fight and fight well under these [winter] conditions" on December 12.[27] DNI Haines previously mistakenly identified the optimal window of opportunity for Ukraine to conduct more counteroffensives as the spring rather than winter on December 3.[28] ISW previously assessed that Ukraine likely seeks to conduct successive operations through the winter of 2022–2023.[29]

Last edited:
Even the Nobel Peace Prize winners are against a settlement that doesn't have Russia totally out
Far as I remember, when I said offensive action into Russia, I meant actions that would involve either destroying targets in Russia that would demand a retaliatory response from Russia, or taking land from Russia. The Ukranian people should push out Russians from the territory they took.

What will also be interesting in the future once Ukraine rids itself of the Russian invaders will be what the Ukrainian Armed Forces look like post war.
If funding can be had they'll want to swap out the hodgepodge of everything and go to standardized systems.

Imagine the AFU with the new Panther MBT.

A bunch of news.

- Rusia relaying in unreliable artillerie shells (and an ukrainian T-64 blast a russian T-72 and Santa delivers a present to russian troops through the chimney and the ukrainians lost some western supplied hardware and more problems for russian mobiks):

- A new interview with ukrainian pilot "Juice":

A bunch of news.

- Rusia relaying in unreliable artillerie shells (and an ukrainian T-64 blast a russian T-72 and Santa delivers a present to russian troops through the chimney and the ukrainians lost some western supplied hardware and more problems for russian mobiks):

Santa came early! Great stuff.

A bunch of news.

The drone hitting that stovepipe was just WOW

Totally relate to the weather statements. As a maintainer of haul roads, late fall/early winter suck. Two weeks ago in the -20°Cs, the roads were a dream. This tour, the first three days were a constant -4°C and the roads started to thaw and turn to potholes and mud; trucks slipping, skidding and hitting berms. The last four days were -teens and the roads were back to normal. Give me -8° to -30° anytime in the winter. Don't get me started on spring thaw

What is the world going to do about Iran and their supplying Russia with missiles and drones intended to kill civilians? The Israelis give some ideas...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Frog
Back