"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not good news on the Bakhmut front:
I wonder if the Ukrainians are limiting resources at the Bakhmut front so they can launch a January offensive to Melitopol. Meanwhile, the Russians are either hoarding or running out of artillery shells - western media and its legion of ex-military analysts suggest the latter.

Looks like the UK are getting ready to send some Challenger tanks to the Ukraine. Talks have been ongoing for a couple of weeks
I would like to see the Challenger 2 with well trained crews, supported with ammunition, spares and maintenance in Ukrainians hands, in the Challenger's natural and intended eastern European terrain, facing off against its intended foe, the T-90. My guess is a squadron of Challenger 2s if well supported can wipe out an entire BTG. It's basically Panther tanks vs. T-28s.

From all the stuff posted and from what I've been reading, was powering the M-1with a turbine as good an idea as it once seemed?
Yes it was. Remember that the US did originally look at the AVCR1360 variable compression diesel as an alternative to the AGT1500:

D7gGEVHXkAYe6Y3?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
D7gGFoOW0AAQaE5?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

They also looked at the MTU MT 883 V12 diesel engine as an alternative about a decade ago and stuck with the AGT1500 Gas Turbine.

Start training? I hope that's just for public consumption and that in actuality the AFU have these last ten months or more been training on Patriots, Leopards, Abrams, ATACMS, Excalibur, JDAMS, Vipers, Apaches, etc, etc.

Last edited:
I wonder why Poland and Finland won't take advantage of situation and reclaim their lost territories? Opening new fronts would be a great help for Ukrainians.
That would be a sticky situation.

Germany attempted to reclaim lost lands in the late 30's that belonged to the Prussian (German) Empire prior to the end of WWI and as you know, created a bit of a problem.

Currently, I would think that Georgia and Moldova would be within their rights to expel the Russian occupiers in their territory and there would not be much that Russia could do to stop it.

Georgia might have a serious problem trying to oust the Russians from the annexed area, due to their relatively small military (as we talked about up-thread) and the shared border with Russia. Moldova could certainly do so, as they have no common border with Russia or Belarus, and the sea route is well within Ukraine's ability to interdict - which I am sure Ukraine would happily do.

That would be a sticky situation.

Germany attempted to reclaim lost lands in the late 30's that belonged to the Prussian (German) Empire prior to the end of WWI and as you know, created a bit of a problem.

Currently, I would think that Georgia and Moldova would be within their rights to expel the Russian occupiers in their territory and there would not be much that Russia could do to stop it.
No idea about Moldova, but Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and ... All belong to Iran, they were lost during Russo-Persian wars during Qajar dynasty. Afghanistan and Pakistan were lost to Brits, at same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back