"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (8 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Every kopek counts.
I'm pretty well set up.

Wonder if Vladolph wants these back?

20230119_223537.jpg

No matter the rubles the Russians have no means to rebuild their armed forces when this war is done. Here's an informative vid out today on the death spiral of Russian air power.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfw36TxC2Ks

They can't even perform basic maintenance on their civil aviation.
And we are talking about a domestic aircraft Sukhoi Superjet 100 - Wikipedia
I bet Airbus & Boeing aircraft have even bigger problems.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1615861090230861826

EDIT: Love that part.
"According to two sources, if the pilots receive a signal that there is a clogged filter in one of the engines, the Superjet will continue its flight to the designated destination. However, if there is a blockage in both engines, an emergency landing is sought immediately."

What could go wrong?

Last edited:
A push to provide battle tanks to Ukraine is stalled after U.S. officials this week expressed reluctance over difficulties in maintenance and training for the advanced tracked vehicle.

The U.S. decision effectively prevents Ukraine getting tanks from other NATO allies as well, as Germany this week made clear it would only allow other countries to send German-made tanks if the U.S. commits its own M1 Abrams tank first.

Ukraine has repeatedly asked for Western tanks to help in its fight with Russia, a topic that was front and center this week at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, and will again be in the spotlight at a gathering of top defense ministers for a Ukraine Contact Group meeting on Friday.

German officials have been mulling allowing Ukraine to have its Leopard 2 tanks, with speculation that the U.S. and Germany may announce a deal on Friday to finally grant Kyiv's wish for heavy tanks.

But the United States believes "it just doesn't make sense" for Washington to send over the Army's main battle tank now, Sabrina Singh, deputy Pentagon press secretary, told reporters Thursday.

"It's more of a sustainment issue," Singh said. "This is a tank that requires jet fuel. . . .. The maintenance and the high cost that it would take to maintain an Abrams, it just doesn't make sense to provide that to the Ukrainians at this moment."

I bet it'd make sense to them if it were their towns and families being shelled and killed. I hate our politicians.

A push to provide battle tanks to Ukraine is stalled after U.S. officials this week expressed reluctance over difficulties in maintenance and training for the advanced tracked vehicle.
This seems like such BS. If the Ukrainians say they can maintain and operate western MBTs then the US officials should trust them. The Poles, who operate both Abrams and Leopards can lend a hand as needed. This trope about the AFU being unable to support or operate western MBTs has to end.
I still think there's a chance that Macron goes rogue and sends LeClercs whilst the Euros are prevaricating on Leopards.
Dutch Defence Minister has just announced they are willing to supply F-16's to Ukraine
Can they without USA permission?

Isn't the Abrams engine multi-fuel ?

Yes, and the engine is fairly low maintenance, but that's not the issue.

Unless the US is going to send DU equipped M1's, it will be sending old M1A1's, many of which have been parked up for well over a decade or so and will need a full rebuild.

NATO Fellas have @ 2,000 Leo2's in active service, no issues with 'special armour' and they can be backfilled with surplus US stocks of M1's

Isn't the Abrams engine multi-fuel ?
It is in theory, capable of running on anything from low octane automotive gas to refined vegetable oil, but I believe the US only operates JP-8 jet fuel in their Abrams.
Unless the US is going to send DU equipped M1's, it will be sending old M1A1's, many of which have been parked up for well over a decade or so and will need a full rebuild.
Which Abrams did they give to Poland? Same should be fine for Ukraine.

My money's on Macron following Sunak (rep. KCIII) and sending LeClercs after Challies. Leopards come third. Abrams, likely never, as they would have been sent already.

It is in theory, capable of running on anything from low octane automotive gas to refined vegetable oil, but I believe the US only operates JP-8 jet fuel in their Abrams.

Which Abrams did they give to Poland? Same should be fine for Ukraine.

My money's on Macron following Sunak (rep. KCIII) and sending LeClercs after Challies. Leopards come third. Abrams, likely never, as they would have been sent already.

Polands a full NATO member, they got the full fat SepV3's on order.

The problem is the idea that NATO nations have lots of "spare" Leo 2s available. Any provision of MBTs will reduce NATO's operational force, at least temporarily. I expect, at most, a few hundred Leo 2s will be provided, with the burden shared across the operating nations.

I do hope NATO member governments are taking steps to backfill weapons systems that are being taken out of the front line and sent to Ukraine. It's a balance-of-risk problem. Denuding NATO's front-line forces will have serious long-term impacts as, without equipment to operate, personnel training will suffer and force readiness will decline very rapidly.

Last edited:
The problem is the idea that NATO nations have lots of "spare" Leo 2s available. Any provision of MBTs will reduce NATO's operational force, at least temporarily. I expect, at most, a few hundred Leo 2s will be provided, with the burden shared across the operating nations.

I do hope NATO member governments are taking steps to backfill weapons systems that are being taken out of the front line and sent to Ukraine. It's a balance-of-risk problem. Denuding NATO's front-line forces will have serious long-term impacts as, without equipment to operate, personnel training will suffer and force readiness will decline very rapidly.

Firing up the factories to resume production will take time, but to my understanding is being done, at least here in America (e.g. Raytheon and Lockheed restarting Stinger production). I'd be surprised if that wasn't true of other nations and weapons-systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back