"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dutch Defence Minister has just announced they are willing to supply F-16's to Ukraine

Let's not get too excited yet: Supposedly Minister Wopke Hoekstra of Foreign Affairs said the Cabinet would look at such a request with an "open mind." A transfer of anything such as this will require US approval.

It's going to be interesting to see how the spectacular failure of the Russian military reshapes NATO strategy as well as other militaries across the globe in the near future.

At this point in time one year ago, the Russian military was considered a world power with a dangerous force to be reckoned with and militaries around the world factored that into their defense strategies.

Well, Ukraine sure pulled back the curtain in epic fashion and showed us all just how wrong that perception was...

While Russian deficiencies have been put on display in this war, ignoring Russian intentions would not be smart money, in my view. They won't come attacking NATO, but just the fact that they thought this invasion acceptable marks them as a threat even if we can defeat them. Deterrence matters.

Putin's falling down the same Wunderwaffe rabbit hole as the Germans. Might as well call the T-14 the Maus.

It bespeaks desperation. They may get useful info for mods and upgrades, or they may find them smoking piles with nothing to glean from experience. Either way, if you're making hay about adding twenty more tanks to your park, you're probably scraping bottom of barrel.

I'm not in agreement with that article. While a Russian victory would lessen Moscow's reliance on China in the medium- to long-term, a Russian defeat would almost certainly draw Russia even further into orbit around China's economic and industrial capabilities. India will see a greater importance on the world stage no matter who wins, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread