"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

be on watch fore some good news from Ukraine - some informations surfacing indicating successful operation of Ukrainian forces in Bachmut...
I've seen a lot of comments suggesting its just an unfounded rumor. And nothing else has emerged since this post below (most replies suggest its not happening)

View: https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1630148973934542848

As much as I wish for that info to be true I'm afraid its just wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Well now, this is interesting...

U.K. MOD said that the weapons did not have a good record in destroying their intended targets, but Moscow probably considers them to be "useful decoys which can divert Ukrainian air defenses from more effective Russian cruise missiles."

I heard about an hour or so ago that there is a counter attack by Ukrainian forces by Bakhmut. I got it from the Suchomimus YT channel. He said he can't confirm it but "War Mapper(?)" shows Ukrainians encircling the northern Russian salient near Bakhmut. He says he can't confirm yet. This guy seems very credible to me.
(Suchomimus is a dinosaur.)

The cheek! Why does Zelenskyy owe anyone, especially media from outside Ukraine like the Canadian-owned Reuters a reason for his changes in military command? During the Second World War I expect that many of the senior commanders in place in 1941-42 were replaced without any reason being given to Reuters or even domestic US media. For some the reasons, like Kimmel might be obvious (if perhaps unfair), but other generals and admirals come and go at the wishes of the Commander in Chief.

I think they were simply reporting a fact. People might be wondering why the man was fired; Reuters was explaining why they didn't have an answer.

What is with Reuters' spelling of the man's name?

Write them and ask? Slavic names and words often get mistransliterated in English publications.

Considering that Putin's folly has shown the world that Russia isn't exactly what it has been touted as being, I suspect that we'll be seeing bolder moves by those that want Russia oit of their countries.

Lukashanko really needs to rethink his political strategy, because Moscow is not really in a position to keep him in power if the people have decided they've had enough. This move by the partisans is one of many cracks starting to appear in his facade.

Considering that Putin's folly has shown the world that Russia isn't exactly what it has been touted as being, I suspect that we'll be seeing bolder moves by those that want Russia oit of their countries.

Lukashanko really needs to rethink his political strategy, because Moscow is not really in a position to keep him in power if the people have decided they've had enough. This move by the partisans is one of many cracks starting to appear in his facade.

Alas, the tendency of such men is to double down rather than admit defeat. A vicious crackdown inside Belarus coupled with loud and frequent proclamations of some imagined slight to justify sending forces into Ukraine are far from improbable scenarios.

Yep, huge....particularly if Lukashenko denies that there's any opposition in Belarus, or claims that the opposition group is funded by/manned by Ukraine...and use that as an excuse for a more aggressive role in the fighting.

He's on shaky ground as it is. He almost got toppled a couple of years ago, That's why, I think, he's able to accept being a launch-pad as of a year ago, but still unwilling to accept his soldiers coming home in body-bags. He won't go aggressive; he lacks the political sway to do so.

He's the Francisco Franco to Putin's Hitler, friendly ally but unwilling to do anything overt.

If I was Putin I'd withdraw all forces from Luhansk, Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia, moving them all to Kherson and Crimea.

He'd get torn up by milbloggers there for adopting a defensive strategy. It would be rightly read as defending Crimea and sacrificing the stated war aims and territorial claims. It would also strip him of operational flexibility. Even if he could get those troops down south (and that's doubtful), a Ukrainian offensive in the east could well cut them off, leading to another series of defeats.

Bataan was a thing too. Retreating onto peninsulas doesn't often end well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back