"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T-55 sighted in Ukraine with extra protection against sunburn.

View: https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1656631600996548609

Do these cope platforms do anything? Is there a single documented instance of a top attack being thwarted by this set up?

Destroyed_T-72B3_with_cope_cage_1.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkMeLm1hZsk

If done professionally and properly slat armour (aka bar armor, cage armor and standoff armor) can apparently be effective. It's commonly used on NATO vehicles as supplemental side protection - but I don't know if it can stop overhead strikes. This Leopard 2 below has slat armour everywhere, except above. Perhaps the Russians are unlikely to employ top attack ATGWs?

main-qimg-534ba49e06fd89febeb0504688ded6be-lq.jpg

If done professionally and properly slat armour (aka bar armor, cage armor and standoff armor) can apparently be effective. It's commonly used on NATO vehicles as supplemental side protection - but I don't know if it can stop overhead strikes. This Leopard 2 below has slat armour everywhere, except above. Perhaps the Russians are unlikely to employ top attack ATGWs?

View attachment 720386
I think tankers in the past used this kind of do it yourself protection to protect against thrown munitions like bundle pack granates and molotov cocktails.
That i understand. Dont think it will stop a rocket designed to go through a lot of armour plating.

I think tankers in the past used this kind of do it yourself protection to protect against thrown munitions like bundle pack granates and molotov cocktails.
That i understand. Dont think it will stop a rocket designed to go through a lot of armour plating.
Depends on the round - APDS, APDSFS, HEAT, HESH etc. There's more than one way to penetrate a tank, and more than one way to try and defeat that round: Reactive armour, spaced armour, ceramic armour etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back