"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (13 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is only a reboxing but still:

Image_11-5-2023_at_4.06_am.jpg

Now if only Japan would issue real tanks...

Have we heard much about inflatable deceptions on the Ukranian side?

There's been a bunch of other inflatable decoys made locally or sold to Ukraine.

Apart from tanks, the most common decoys are for air defense installations, MLRS and towed artillery.

Main threat is the Lancet loitering munition.

I like how one of the final aircraft designs of the firm founded by the Ukrainian and Armenian team of Artem Mikoyan and Mikhail Gurevich is being globally crowd sourced to smack down Russia. I expect the pair would be both horrified at Russia's action and ironically pleased that a MiG is leading Ukraine's air war.

I don't suppose Ukraine will have any interest postwar in continuing to develop and produce its MiG-35 successor. Mikoyan MiG-35 - Wikipedia. Postwar it will be all NATO types, which makes sense, but the MiG-29 has served Ukraine heroically.

UK "is supplying" Storm Shadow to Ukraine. This, IMHO, is a step-change in capabilities since Storm Shadow is a very capable cruise missile:

I find it amazing in this era of gps guided weapons that you can pretty much stick any pgm onto any aircraft with a modified/compatible pylon. Gone are the days when the launch aircraft needed a factory-installed weapons-compatible target designating system, one that often required dangerous loitering over the target area. Su-24 and MiG-29s launching Anglo-French Storm Shadows? Amazing.

Can you take out the Kerch bridge with a Storm Shadow? I suppose not, as that's a big target.

Last edited:
I find it amazing in this era of gps guided weapons that you can pretty much stick any pgm onto any aircraft with a modified/compatible pylon. Gone are the days when the launch aircraft needed a factory-installed weapons-compatible target designating system. Su-24 and MiG-29s launching Anglo-French Storm Shadows? Amazing.

Can you take out the Kerch bridge with a Storm Shadow? I suppose not, as that's a big target.

From Wikipedia:

The missile has a range of approximately 560 km (300 nmi; 350 mi),[9] and delivers a conventional BROACH warhead of 450kg.

The BROACH warhead features an initial penetrating charge to clear soil or enter a bunker, then a variable delay fuze to control detonation of the main warhead. The missile weighs about 1,300 kilograms (2,900 lb). It has a maximum body diameter of 48 centimetres (19 in) and a wingspan of 3 metres (120 in). Intended targets are command, control and communications; airfields; ports and power stations; AMS/ammunition storage; surface ships and submarines in port; bridges and other high value strategic targets.

The BROACH warhead is pretty powerful. I reckon it could do some serious damage to the Kerch Bridge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back