"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If done professionally and properly slat armour (aka bar armor, cage armor and standoff armor) can apparently be effective. It's commonly used on NATO vehicles as supplemental side protection - but I don't know if it can stop overhead strikes. This Leopard 2 below has slat armour everywhere, except above. Perhaps the Russians are unlikely to employ top attack ATGWs?

I think tankers in the past used this kind of do it yourself protection to protect against thrown munitions like bundle pack granates and molotov cocktails.
That i understand. Dont think it will stop a rocket designed to go through a lot of armour plating.

Depends on the round - APDS, APDSFS, HEAT, HESH etc. There's more than one way to penetrate a tank, and more than one way to try and defeat that round: Reactive armour, spaced armour, ceramic armour etc

Users who are viewing this thread