"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"Russian forces are continuing to deploy outdated military equipment to Ukraine to replace losses."

The Joke among Ukranians: The war will be over when Russians run out of T-34's

The fact is that media attention here in America is already waning. The real question is whether or not our government will maintain its focus.

Except that Russia's leader is behaving like a Soviet dictator...

You could also fill in "fascist dictator" or "power-mad twatwaffle". Putin's behavior is much more nationalistic than communist. My sense is that he cares less about who controls the means of production than he does about who controls the entire damned nation.

I believe he actually longs for a revival of Tsarist Russia rather than the USSR ... just a personal opinion.

Last edited:
You could also fill in "fascist dictator" or "p0wer-mad twatwaffle". Putin's behavior is much more nationalistic than communist. My sense is that he cares less about who controls the means of production than he does about who controls the entire damned nation.

I believe he actually longs for a revival of Tsarist Russia rather than the USSR ... just a personal opinion.

Agreed

Hence why he often talks about Peter the Great.

You could also fill in "fascist dictator" or "p0wer-mad twatwaffle". Putin's behavior is much more nationalistic than communist. My sense is that he cares less about who controls the means of production than he does about who controls the entire damned nation.

Agreed

Hence why he often talks about Peter the Great.
Agree with both of you. Ideology is irrelevant to this guy. I think he is just after power and the self-aggrandizement that it creates. I image a little Putin in the old Soviet days looking at the massive banners with Lenin and Stalin's faces on them, and thinking I want to be up there some day

Agree with both of you. Ideology is irrelevant to this guy. I think he is just after power and the self-aggrandizement that it creates. I image a little Putin in the old Soviet days looking at the massive banners with Lenin and Stalin's faces on them, and thinking I want to be up there some day

Strongmen gotta strong, sooner or later. I suspect we'll see a resurrection of samizdat and other passive forms of resistance.

I actually think he loathed the Soviet regime. He may have have liked that the Soviet Union was considered powerful and feared, but I think he ultimately yearned for the czars to make a return. He enjoys the palaces and riches too much.

Given time, if he remained in power, I don't think you would see the hammer and sickle return. He would have already brought back the Soviet regime long ago if that was his intent. I think he is a dying man who realized his days of being able to bring back the Russian Empire are dwindling. He wants his bust up there next to Peter the Great, and to be known as the great czar who rebuilt the empire.

Last edited:
I actually think he loathed the Soviet regime. He may have have liked that the Soviet Union was considered powerful and feared, but I think he ultimately yearned for the czars to make a return. He enjoys the palaces and riches too much.

Given time, if he remained in power, I don't think you would see the hammer and sickle return. He would have already brought back the Soviet regime long ago if that was his intent. I think he is a dying man who realized his days of being able to bring back the Russian Empire are dwindling. He wants his bust up their next to Peter the Great, and to be known as the great czar who rebuilt the empire.

I agree, this invasion is (as crummy as it sounds), a legacy move to seal his own place in Russian history. After 20 years of him running a pluto-kleptocracy, ascribing any communism to him seems inaccurate. I think he wants Russia to be seen as strong and relevant again, and (incorrectly, apparently) thought this invasion would turn that trick.

Better to convert the Leopard 2 into bridging equipment / tank recovery vehicles. Be too late for immediate needs but looking forward, might be necessary for heavier armor to be able to cross rivers in Ukraine. I enjoyed the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back