"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not to the Wallies, with the British and others undertaking ops against the Bolsheviks to try to return the Czarists. Sometimes the devil you know does turn out to be better.

Neglecting that it didn't work, I was not referring to the feelings of foreign governments. One wonders if a monarchy propped up by foreigners would ever be seen as legitimate, especially as a basis of conservative Russian ideology was eschewing Western influence, especially in political and moral philosophy

While Lenin could certainly be said to be a German tool, he was also benefiting from the fact that the monarchy was completely discredited and Kerensky's support was shaky. And, of course he was Russian. Although once he was in power, he did pretty much give Germany everything it wanted.

It's likely been years (if ever) since a Russian nuclear attack submarine and a Canadian warship (albeit, one armed with a single 25mm cannon and two mgs) shared a port. Perhaps in 1998 when HMCS Montreal visited St. Petersburg.

EWBQN4KOUBIXHKCA6DS6BSLWNI.jpg

7c74a02f71c2c7bcddc4db9e2f06267c.jpg

Last edited:
Russian nuclear submarines are not on the targets list in this war for obvious reasons. But the Admiral Gorshkov frigate is. Some day, she or another Russian ship will meet a drone in the ocean—or many drones.
Just thinking aloud...

It just needs some Ukrainian agents renting an ocean-going boat waiting for the russians to leave port, reaching international waters. Then send some drones.
Same for Baltic, Mediterranean Sea and/or Pacific Ocean
Exactly. The experience and the technology are already there. So, it's just a matter of the priorities and financing. Right now, it makes more sense to continue the harassment of the Black Sea Navy and coastal infrastructure. But if the war is "frozen" and Black Sea targets either diminish or become too hard to attack...the oceans are vast and it's hardly possible to protect all coasts. According to the open sources, 800 km distance is a working distance for Ukrainian sea drones today. I wonder what i will be in 2 years. 1500 km is technically feasible, I guess? Then a drone for Vladivostok can be launched by a mother vessel from outside the Sea of Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back