"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Photo from recent negotiations

dealer.jpeg

Don't forget that Russia does still have a lot of systems that they could share - e.g. more modern fighter aircraft.
You're right. I was about to go off on Russia's inability to provide modern aircraft to its own forces and paying customers. But you said "more modern". The DPRK is flying MiG-15s and other out of date planes. Russia probably has stuff in the shed out back that's newer than that.

More reporting:

Don't forget that Russia does still have a lot of systems that they could share - e.g. more modern fighter aircraft.
It's Russian nuclear submarine propulsion and associated submarine systems that both North Korea and China want.

"NBC News on Wednesday reported that US intelligence officials believe Putin is providing North Korea with nuclear submarine and ballistic missile technology in exchange for arms for his war in Ukraine."Russia and North Korea sign mutual defence pact.

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday threatened to send weapons to North Korea if South Korea delivers arms to Ukraine, as tensions spike following a new treaty between Moscow and Pyongyang.

Speaking to reporters in Hanoi, Vietnam, after visiting North Korea and cementing the treaty with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un that includes a mutual defense pact, Putin said South Korea has nothing to worry about so long as it didn't invade Pyongyang.

"As for the supply of lethal weapons to the combat zone in Ukraine, this would be a very big mistake," he said. "I hope this doesn't happen. If this happens, then we, too, will make appropriate decisions that are unlikely to please the current leadership of South Korea."

So you're digging up fifty-year old tanks for combat in Ukraine. What are you gonna send DPRK, pocket-knives?
Maybe .... but they'll be T-90M Pocket-Knives... superior to ANY Western 'equivalents'........

Ah.... I must admit that while driving in Toronto the thought that "if only half these people died in their sleep last night, I'd get where I was going" has come to me. But to be fair, we have, IIRC the worst highway congestion in North America.

View attachment 784305
That is an impressive car park. 14-16 lanes.

Excluding road works on any of the highways nearby the biggest car park within about 100km/60m of me is two lanes and sometimes reaches 100 metres/yards in length.

Last edited:
Forgive the minor injection of American politics here, but it's germane to the thread, and bipartisan to boot. If it is afoul moderator views, delete it as you will. No partisanship is intended with this, nor will I engage in any:

Two days after Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed a new defense agreement, Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C) and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) introduced a bill to declare Russia a state sponsor of terror.

Holding up a photo of Kim and Putin to start off the press conference unveiling the bill, Blumenthal said, "Exhibit A. I rest my case."

Blumenthal described the photo of Putin and Kim as depicting "two of the most autocratic, atrocity-committing leaders in the world standing together."

He also said the message sent by the U.S. labeling Russia a state sponsor of terrorism was as important as increased sanctions from the designation.

"This message to the world is as important in a moral sense as any practical consequence. Russia deserves to be in this small selective club of atrocity-committing killers," the Democrat said.

Graham introduced a Senate resolution during the last Congress to declare Russia a state sponsor of terrorism. That resolution passed the Senate, but it was nonbinding, only calling on the secretary of State to make the distinction himself.

The bill introduced Thursday would require the State Department to classify Russia as a state sponsor of terror, which would unlock a new set of sanctions, restrict any U.S.-based foreign aid, and severely curtail immunity for Russia from suits in the U.S.

If the bill passes, U.S. nationals could sue a state sponsor of terror for offenses like torture, extrajudicial killing and hostage-taking.

If those lawsuits prevail, plaintiffs could get compensation from the sanctioned nation's seized assets.

I say it's past goddamned time, myself.

And Nvidia will continue to sell billions of dollars worth of embargoed product to Russia without a single action taken against them.

That is an impressive car park. 14-16 lanes.

Excluding road works on any of the highways nearby the biggest car park within about 100km/60m of me is two lanes and sometimes reaches 100 metres/yards in length.
I've been WFH (working from home) since Covid, and am never returning to a daily commute in that mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back