"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ukrainian Su-27 pilot and bike driver.
No official English translation, sorry. But YT subtitles are not bad.
He openly describes his confusion in the first combat sortie. He prefers Su-27 to MiG-29. His current desire is to have more various weapons, air-to-air and air-to-ground, and upgrade the aiming system for his Su-27. His wish list: F-35 and a Harley motorbike.

View: https://youtu.be/jOcFPnenDXc?si=nzuC-cCBYkWcG9PZ

I think the main thing is that this will force an unplanned response. The one thing Russia is guaranteed to overreact to is offensive action across its borders. I'd expect substantial assets to be pushed into the area to delay, stop and reverse any Ukrainian advance.

So that might just relieve pressure on other sections of the front and/or halt some Russian advances. Even if only pulls in minimal ground forces, you can bet that a whole bunch of air, guided munition, drone and long range artillery assets are being tasked with stopping Ukraine around Kursk. And that means that they're not hitting targets supporting Russian attacks elsewhere.

It will also open up valuable Russian assets to attack. If Russia is throwing everything at stopping the advances around Kursk then they're probably not going be as careful/coordinated as normal operations. If I was Ukraine, I'd have a bunch of drones ready and waiting to hit forces moving up from the south. I'd also be putting a bunch of MANPADs into the mix and looking to knock down as many Russian aviation assets as I could. +

Another thing I'll note is that Russia's demands for armistice/peace talks have consistently referenced freezing the lines where they are. If (and that's a really big IF) Ukraine can hold a section of Russian territory, then their negotiating position is totally different. "You want Kursk back, fine. We'll trade you for Donestk"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back