Alliance Airshow, Ft. Worth Tx

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RabidAlien

1st Lieutenant
Apr 27, 2008
Hurst, Texas
Its bein held on Oct. 11-12 this year (same shows both days). Anybody interested in meeting up at the gates, 8:30-ish AM, on the 11th? I'm plannin on bein there all day, my wife may possibly show up.

Fort Worth Alliance Air Show

Wife and I went ....two years ago, caught the very last show on a Sunday afternoon. It was the Thunderbirds....good show, but seen em before. There was a P-47 flying formation with an F-15 when we were pulling up, but they landed before I could park and get my camera out.

This year, I plan on seen it ALL. *g* Note....its hot, dry, and crowded. Bring sunscreen. And water (this being an airshow, they charge an arm/leg/firstborn for a bottle of anything).

October 11th, folx, mark your calendars! Gates open at 9AM, first exhibit at 9:30. I plan on gettin to the airport around 8:15-ish, there'll be traffic.

Will do! Depending on the temp, my wife may come as well. Bein in October, I'm hoping it wont be too hot. Mid-80's would work for us.

Will do! Depending on the temp, my wife may come as well. Bein in October, I'm hoping it wont be too hot. Mid-80's would work for us.

Is that mid-80s air temp, or on the tarmac? Keep in mind that the tarmac will radiate the heat and make it hotter than the surrounding area. One year at Edwards, it was 98 outside temp, but it was 127 on the tarmac. That was the year I drank gallons of water and never had to take a leak.

Stay hydrated at these shows. I have seen more people collapse at airshows from dehydration than I care to remember.

I don't know Freebird. I've been out at our ranch all weekend so I didn't even look.

Seriously, one of these times you go through Dallas or Ft Worth, let me and RabidAlien know. We could meet up for a glass of iced tea, coffee, or a cool adult beverage.

:lol: I had a cat in front of my screen while reading that, blocking out the last "beverage". My mind filled in the blank, as "cool adult video". :lol:

:lol: I had a cat in front of my screen while reading that, blocking out the last "beverage". My mind filled in the blank, as "cool adult video". :lol:

ROFL!!! I just about spit coke on the screen! :D Talk about freudian slip.... :p

I don't know Freebird. I've been out at our ranch all weekend so I didn't even look.

Seriously, one of these times you go through Dallas or Ft Worth, let me and RabidAlien know. We could meet up for a glass of iced tea, coffee, or a cool adult beverage.

Sounds good, I'll send you a PM. I'm driving down to the border tonight, I will probably be heading back through Dallas on Thursday or Friday, maybe we can go for that "adult beverage" 8) Or RA can bring the video... :lol: :rolleyes:

That sounds great, I'd love to go to an airshow with people who actually want to be there.

Also, just about ruined a keyboard. Too funny.

I'm in Dallas proper just south of Addison. Trekking to Ft. Worth is a 30-45 minute affair, so it's no problem at all. Keep me posted!

Heh. I used to have an apartment up in the Frankford/190 area, not too far from Plano/Addison. Man, I miss being close to a Studio Movie Grill...

hahaha. Studio Movie Grill is awesome. I live off 635 and La Prada in Garland but work off I-30 and Mockingbird. Small world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back