Allow myself to introduce myself... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JohnnyL

Airman
Jul 20, 2006
Ahoy.

My name is John and I'm a Biology student in northern California.

My passion for the older aircraft began when I met my, uh, great uncle, I suppose, who flew Spits during The War. Anyhow, I expanded my horizons from there, and you can probably tell what my favorite aircraft is already. :cool: Unsurprisingly, he thinks I'm daft. Oh well. He still regales me with tales of his scuffles with "The Hun" and continues to foist his vast collection of vintage aviation literature on me.

My passion for the subject is nurtured in no small part by the constant drone of T-6s and a P-51 over my house. They're based at the local municipal field. Old rich guys with nothing better to do with their money. :D

Oh, and one more thing. Every memorial day, a B-17 flys into town and stays for a week. After about four days, I started to not notice. I find it hilarious that a B-17 could buzz your house often enough that you eventually are able to ignore it, but it happens!

mosquitoman said:
Welcome!
Another Biologist eh, what side of it?

Not sure yet, to be honest. That's kinda lame considering that biology is my passion, my calling, etc. :p

mosquitoman said:
I know the feeling Johnny, I'm doing Molecular Biology (3rd year starts in a few months) but I still don't know what I want to do with it

I'm probably going to be a lawyer. I know what you're thinking, "what the hell does a lawyer need with a degree in biology?" I don't know, either, but what's wrong with taking a degree in your hobby, eh?

And I haven't the slightest idea what Facebook is, but if it's anything like Myspace, I want no part of it. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back