Aluminum Overcast, Spring 2009

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You're welcome!

Heck, why not make it both times! :lol:

It's a tradition for Aluminum Overcast to do a "low slow" over Benton Field before she touches down at Redding, so I'm going to try and get in place at Benton for the fly-by. Last time she was here, I didn't have my Pentax, so I just had to make do with my older Kodak.

I might see about getting a ride on one of the flights they offer, too!

I hope folks will take the time to go out and see this B-17G if it happens to be stopping near where they live. This is a great opportunity to see a living peice of history up close.

Here's a photo taken by a friend of mine (Rasenpfeil) last time it was here:

Attachments

• Dsc08553a.jpg
    Dsc08553a.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 66
Nice. I have photographed and walked through it before, as I have with Fuddy Duddy, 909, Sentimental Journey, Miss Angela, and Sally B. But I still try to see them every time they visit.

Hey I just got word that the B-17G "Aluminum Overcast" will be coming to Redding Municipal Airport (RDG) on the 12th and 13th of May.

She's commin back?!? way cool! Need to get RedBeard out there.. he missed the last trip due to working for that a**hat we all know and love to hate LOL

I haven't seen anything out here in the air except Chinooks, Black hawks, Apaches, Kiowas, C130s and a couple of C5As... oh, did get a glimpse of Air Farce One (Freudian slip?) as she left with Bush when he was here last Thanksgiving..

Sadly, no WW2 crates....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back