Amodel 1/72 I-302 Rocket Interceptor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TimEwers

Airman 1st Class
Aug 28, 2010
Well here it is. things to note more I looked at it the Landing gear is too long or the bay is too short I have only the basic of tools so I left it.

No detail in the cockpit other than the seat

Rear tail wheel bay tad to big needed to widen the sides a little.

Decals not the greatest silvered on me even tho I did put down on a gloss finish and used decal set

Still need to work on putty and sanding skills I guess. But at least I finished it.

Attachments

• Picture 280.jpg
    Picture 280.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Picture 284.jpg
    Picture 284.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 214
  • Picture 283.jpg
    Picture 283.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 209
  • Picture 282.jpg
    Picture 282.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 185
  • Picture 281.jpg
    Picture 281.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Picture 285.jpg
    Picture 285.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 203
Still need to work on putty and sanding skills I guess. But at least I finished it.[/QUOTE]

It looks good to me and as long as you enjoyed it and learned something, that's the key.

It's not a jet it's a rocket like the ME 163 so, no intakes it would have taken off intercepted whatever and then glided back to a landing.

From the instruction sheet It was tested in 1943 but with problems from the rocket motors it never went into production.

And yes the two openings in the nose are for guns

It's not a jet it's a rocket like the ME 163 so, no intakes it would have taken off intercepted whatever and then glided back to a landing.

From the instruction sheet It was tested in 1943 but with problems from the rocket motors it never went into production.

And yes the two openings in the nose are for guns

Thanks Tim and Wurger!

It is interesting how much this plane looks like the P-80 at first glance. Yes there is no bubble top or intakes, and it is a low wing instead of mid wing, but the overall design is strikingly similar. Being as they were both worked on at the same time, I wonder if it was just a case of parallel engineering in a vacuum or just a touch of espionage?

The I-302 really does not look that much different then the BI-1 rocket interceptor fighter that first flew is 1942. I think it was just "luck" that they looked a little similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back