Annoying signature pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

your dora pic is copyrighted bud, better remove it asap ! it will be used in the new JG 6 book coming out next year or so.......

Mate, my pic is not copyrighted. It's part of a national archive you will almost certainly know of. www.luftarchiv.com To be more precise, http://www.luftarchiv.de/flugzeuge/focke-wulf/fw190_d.jpg is the actual picture. I do not see how this pic is copyrighted and as is, it will stay.
Also, I believe the picture is British. Why? First of all, the Luftwaffe wasn't stupid enough to keep their valuable Doras out in the open in 1944-1945 since the allied JaBo's were everywhere. Second, look at the biplane in the background. That looks a little bit too much like a Swordfish for this picture not to be open to the public. If you insist however, I will email LuftArchiv and ask permission for this picture and e-mail you a copy of the response and query.

As rcristi says, Cheers

Oh yeah, that Thunderbolt to the left of the Dora (Upper right-hand corner) gives away it's copyright credibility. I don't think you can copyright the allies. Whoever you got that copyright from, they are most likely wrong in wanting to give permission to whoever wants to use it.

Friend the pic is of a captured JG 6 Dora by the US. It is not the property of the luftwaffe archiv and besides I do not see that you have placed the appropriate notation that is where you got the pic from anyway. doesn;t matter anyway I suppose..........items are going to get nabbed whether we like it or not.

yes the Doras were out in the open many times and blasted off the tarmac

Erich,

Here is the photograph from Archiv.de, they are plainly the same plane except for some cropping, GRG try recropping the picture with the 'luftarchiv.de' in the top left-hand corner. That should solve the problem.

Further Erich, a publisher can use national archive photographs in a copyrighted work without the copyright of the work applying to the photos it contains. As a f'r instance, If I place a digital photograph of the NZ Canterbury plains online am contacted by X asking to use it in his forthcoming books, 'Photographs of the Canterbury Plains' , his inclusion of my picture does not change my ownership of it. Just so, inclusion of photos in a national archive in a provate work does not remove those photos from the 'free use' catagory as long as you indicate that you got them from that archive.

Kiwimac

Erich,

Here is the photograph from Archiv.de, they are plainly the same plane except for some cropping, GRG try recropping the picture with the 'luftarchiv.de' in the top left-hand corner. That should solve the problem.

fw190_d.jpg

Further Erich, as far as I am aware a publisher can use national archive photographs in a copyrighted work without the copyright of the work applying to the photos it contains.

As a f'r instance, If I place a digital photograph of the NZ Canterbury plains online am contacted by X asking to use it in his forthcoming books, 'Photographs of the Canterbury Plains' , his inclusion of my picture does not change my ownership of it.

Just so, inclusion of photos in a national archive in a provate work does not remove those photos from the 'free use' catagory as long as you indicate that you got them from that archive.

Kiwimac

I was gonna pop that in, but I don't want the writing. Clutter=Bad
Anywho, I got my siggy pic from this site. Someone posted it, not me.
It was most likely:Bigbird, itznogood, or paulyb102. The pic stays.

Ok, it's right for sure this time.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/album_showpage.php?pic_id=2480
Bigbird is the culprit, I'm just following along. I can bet you that he got that picture from an open archive. Anyways, who would I ask permission?
The USAAF? They don't exist anymore. How do I, a 13 year old with a pointless and time-consuming (for them) request, contact the USAF photo archives? If you can tell me how, I will.

there ya have it. IDing the pic as to whom the pic belongs. that is what I am trying to get at. copyrights could very well be different in individual cases and countries but I can attest from a personal note having copies done from the Freiburg archiv's and used in the text form in a book without inclusion of ownership can get a person in alot of hot water.

the Dora pic with the silver P-47's has been around since the early 1970's....... just a side note. I have the pic in at least two books. Great foto.

thanks for the carification gents.......... now time for the sleeps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back