another whats this 2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
bob4215.jpg

bob4219.jpg

as i mentioned in another post i have found yet another box of made kits that will need restoration or light repair,here are 2 more,i know 1 of them is a p26 peashooter but i don't know what the other one is,i'm guessing a Fiat of some kind,anybody know,

cheers Bob

that was quick thanks very much ,I don't know who the kit was by as i built it over 30 years ago but it is still in good condition apart from the odd Arial/gun missing ,it still needs to be sealed with varnish as it doesn't appear to have been done as its only since i've been on this site that i found you need to do this to protect the transfers etc

Glad to be of assistance :) There are a couple of 1/48 versions of this type around currently, Classic Airframes being one that I would love to get my hands on :lol:

If you don't mind me asking, how do you manage to keep them looking so good after 30 years in a box? I will probably have to start boxing things in the very near future (I've only got a tiny space to display in and I hate chucking them away), and I doubt mine will look that good after 6 months...

i've had most of my old kits stored in old flat shirt boxes you used to get kept flat in the loft of where i was living at the time,some of the kits have stored very well and some have been completly ruined which i think has had more to do with me moving about over the last 3-4 years than how i had stored them as i kept them for a while at work as we had squirrels get into our loft and couldn't keep them out no matter how hard we tried,we now have a new roof and extention of which i plan to layout a 1/72nd airfield[as mentioned on another post,its a very big space]and so i'm bringing home all my kits including stored built kits as i come across the boxes, as i sort out my vintage car spares stores at work where they were temporarily put,i somewhere have quite a few Japanese as well as more Italian and french aircraft kits still to find that i don't have clue what they are that i will post pics of later to try to get help to identify ,thanks again

Last edited:
I have dozens of 1/72 WWII British kits I built as a kid 30 + years ago. Apart from missing prop blades, landing gear and decals that fall off if you fart they have held up pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back