Anton Hackl

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

weinace

Airman 1st Class
Jan 4, 2009
Yorkshire UK
Good afternoon (in UK),

Can anyone confirm if Anton Hackl flew Fw190D-9's and if so point me in the
direction of an image of this aircraft.

I read somewhere he flew Fw190D-9's, in JG11 and I'd like to build his aircraft.

Regards,

weinace:)

Google is your friend. ;)

fw190.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

Cheers,

Maria.

Thank you both VERY much for your replies, they do add to my 'knowledge'!!

What I am really looking for is Hackl's Fw190D-9 and I've 'Googgled' my computer to death, trying to find it!!

Thanks again for your help and support,

At present...you won't find one, JG 11 D-9 pic's are more scarce than rocking horse sh!t

Pictures of his identically marked A-8 and G-6 are well known but a D-9 for Hackl is sadly lacking...

Thanks for your reply Wayne - glum though it may be!!!!!

Considering the conditions, at the time he was Kommodore of JG11, do you think it would be a 'stretch' to mark his aircraft as Stab. Kommodore but with his personal insignia, which he carried on his A-6 and A-8 and a 'generic' late WWII Fw190D-9 camouflage?

I've lost all my references about Anton Hackl flying a Fw190D-9 in which he's "creditted" with 20 victories. (Second to Marquardt with 23.)

Regards and thanks,

Tricky one. By the time Hackl became Kommodore of JG11 a lot of experienced unit leaders were avoiding the use of Stab markings. You might as well paint a bullseye on your forehead where the P-51 boys were concerned...

Thanks for that Maximovitz, but in 1/48th. I'm not skilled enough to paint a bulls eye on a pilot - possibly Wayne!!!!

But - seriously - thanks for that; I suppose it's a bit like American officers, especially lieutenants, not having rank markings painted on helmets as they attracted snipers

Regards,

Well, rocking horse sh*t is better than no sh*t at all, maybe you can dig a bit further? Doesn't Luftwaffe have their museum or something, have you tried to contact them?

Alas Lucky 13 I have not even the merest smidgeon of 'rocking horse' sh!t!!

I've contacted both the Bundesarchiv and the Luftwaffe Museum, but no luck!!

Anyway - how is Glasgow? I'm a Glaswegian. I lived on Ashto Road and when the wind came off the Kelvin, Byres Road was bl**dy freezing even in 'summer'. Don't know where you live - I went to Hyndland School on Cleveland Drive!!

Regards and thanks for your suggestion,

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back